Jeremy Kyle show about the postcode gangs

Exactly.

I did watch the programme. And he went to the council and they spun the usual line of "not as bad as Leeds" etc. - So what? We’re not talking about Leeds, were talking about Sheffield. Leeds is as relevant as Los Angeles is.

The council came over as though they were in complete denial that there is any sort of problem at all.

I gave in and watched it ;) And yeah, it's a completely shoddy and insular attitude off the council, almost as though these kids are 'in the ghetto anyway' and they don't bother their kids out in the west of town, so they see it as not really a problem. Not very good really, is it?

I think the programmes does highlight the problem of young adults (kids who have just left school) getting into the drugs trade.

16/17 years old in particular. The lad from Shiregreen said he could make £30 a day selling drugs, and he only gets £30 a week for going to college. If he worked for 8 hours at nmw, he'd get around £30 too.

I think the way to tackle/prevent the problems these young drug dealers are causing is to get them into a job as soon as they leave school, working an honest job should be the more attractive option, when compared to dealing drugs.

there should be no knife and gun crime FULL STOP

i dont know what the solution is to even start to tackle this problem!

i think it really makes you realise what a state this country is in when young children are pretending to shoot people and stab people, with there fake guns and fake knives, i just find it so sad!

the solution is if you are caught with a knife -life imprisonment without parole,and if you stab someone -it should be the death penalty-no matter how old the criminal is.

this country is far too soft on criminals .

That's what this is about, lads fighting amongst themselves, not running amok and hurting members of the general public (though this has happened), but attacking lads they know.

i am not saying its not but in the 3 years in shirecliffe i have one seen it once. but i do think that if no members of the public are getting hurt let them get on with it and kill them selfs with in a few years we will be chav free.

I hate that statement that theres nothing to do

theres plenty to do yet they spend there time drinking white lightning on street corners.

theres nothing to do, hows about get a job low lifes!!

Archived