Endcliffe park outdoor swimming pool

Thank you Plain Talker for the info. re----the Chapel .

I must walk round with my eyes [ or brain ?] shut , as I 'd never noticed when the change took place from a 'Tin" Chapel to a brick one . I just assumed it'd happened way back .

I ,too , spent most of my life round that area , until 1980 , and although I have visited it since , I missed the rebuilding . Also , it's one of those buildings that seem , " tucked away " and one wouldn't notice it much , except for a special reason.

All in all , I think the area from Greystones to Town , bounded by Glossop Road and Abbeydale Rd , must be one of the nicest and most interesting in the country !

• 2 weeks later...

yes, floridablade,

a plane certainly did come down, during the war, into the wooded area at the endcliffe side of the park, not 100% sure if the model of plane was a flying fortress, or not...

if you do a search on here for posts about the "Mi Amigo, " you'll find a really long thread about it.

(In fact it's not long since been the anniversary of the crash)

PT

Archived