Why do we always queue here in Britain?

I had the day from hell yesterday

I went to 3 seperate banks and in total queued for 1 and a half hours.

I then went to Tesco in Upperthorpe and queued there.

A simple task or moving some money from one bank account to another was made so difficult.

1. I go to Broomhill. There is at that time 1 member of staff serving and around 10 people in front of me.Another member of staff flits in and out.I am told that to move money from another account they can do an immediate transfer(same day).I am asked if I want a review on my account but I decline as usual.

2. I rush in to town, pay for car parking and go to the other bank.I stand in a very long queue and wait for 20 minutes before getting to the cashier.

She then tells me that Sheffield have decided they wont do the same day thing.

3. I then go the next bank in High Street and guess what, a huge queue beckons me.A man comes up to me and asks if I have a cheque but as I dont then I have to stand in the very long queue.

Whilst I am waiting, it gives me time to think.If the taxpayer owns 60% of the banks in some cases, why do we have no say in how long we have to wait to get to our money.

In this bank there were 3 or 4 staff ,but there were probably 15/6 people in the queue.

After having to pay for 2 hours parking in John Lewis, just to transfer some money I wonder what the country is coming to. Maybe there is something to be said for online banking!

Sounds like HSBC being arses. Faf me about when I want to withdraw money, so you have to either threaten to close your account or report your card stolen/

Sounds like HSBC being arses. Faf me about when I want to withdraw money, so you have to either threaten to close your account or report your card stolen/

yes, this is what I meant. All the big banks are the same.They dont care about Customers, just money.I know that there is nothing new under the sun, its just that every time I go in I hope that service improves, but (despite the forms being available to fill in in the branches for customers to give feedback), things dont seem to get any better

yes, this is what I meant. All the big banks are the same.They dont care about Customers, just money.I know that there is nothing new under the sun, its just that every time I go in I hope that service improves, but (despite the forms being available to fill in in the branches for customers to give feedback), things dont seem to get any better

We should start a queue outside a bank (other people would join us just because a queue is a queue), others would panic and withdraw their money, the banks would get worried thinking their was a run on the bank that they couldn't afford. Pretty soon there would be queues outside all banks and we'd be in the papers.

We could get interviewed by the star a year later (unless they have been reading SF) and get into the dailymail :hihi:

And we could moan about queueing :rant::hihi:

We should start a queue outside a bank (other people would join us just because a queue is a queue), others would panic and withdraw their money, the banks would get worried thinking their was a run on the bank that they couldn't afford. Pretty soon there would be queues outside all banks and we'd be in the papers.

We could get interviewed by the star a year later (unless they have been reading SF) and get into the dailymail :hihi:

And we could moan about queueing :rant::hihi:

Well I guess it would be good publicity!

We were once taken on one side at an airport because we were getting preferential treatment(perk of the job) and even though we were standing yards away from the desk people starting queuing up behind us. We had to say 'this isn't a queue'.

Archived