Are you allowed to have your mobile switched on at work?

I don't know if it's allowed but it is indeed switched on!

On silent, of course. I don't think it would go down too well if the quiet of the office was shattered by 'Get Your Freak On' by Missy Elliot :)

Temped at several places where mobiles 'weren't allowed', and people at all of them took them in and (not very discreetly) left 'to go to the toilet' when they were called.

Hey, you need to answer in case it's someone offering you a better job ;)

Surely it depends where you work? :confused:

I'd be seriously hacked off if the cashier in the supermarket stopped scanning my shopping to take a call, or if I rang my bank and the person in the call centre put me on hold to answer a mobile call :mad:

In an office - if people didn't abuse the privelege of being able to make and take important calls (nattering to mates for ages) the 'no mobile' rule wouldn't be required. :rant:

PS - Mine's on 'discrete' in the office ;)

Guest rosie

I work at Boots and for security reasons you cant have anything in your pockets apart from your locker key. If you are caught with phone or money you won`t be working there minutes later.

Archived