Are you allowed to have your mobile switched on at work?

Originally posted by rosie

I work at Boots and for security reasons you cant have anything in your pockets apart from your locker key. If you are caught with phone or money you won`t be working there minutes later.

I was in Boots and they tried to throw me out because they thought I had one of thoes old 1980's mobile phones in my pocket, of course it wasn't a phone.

How we laughed at the mistake

It's virtually the rule that you must have one here. We comment on people who don't as it makes it difficult to track them down when they leave their desk. I have my own rather than a company one so that I can choose which one.

I have my mobile on at work but have the courtesy to have it on a low ring volume, answer it discreetly and then move to an unpopulated part of the office and take it with me when I leave my desk.

Unlike others who scuttle off for a fag leaving their mobile blaring away like an klaxon as it rings for the 12th time in a minute. On their return you get treated to a one sided slack jawed monologue as they call their mates back.

If people need their mobile at work for what ever reason then they should do as I do and not as the dimwit who deems it acceptable to organise their kids nursery/Friday night/tonights tea at 120Db on the next desk to me.

we can have ours with us but on silent (it is a call centre after all) if we get a call or text we can take it outside or in the kitchen or wherever. mines next to my comp so i know if its going to go off as the screen goes all funny !!

Archived