Scramble bikes being driven on pavements without light/helmets/plates

I almost hit one going up East Bank Road a few months back when it shot out of nowhere with no lights in the dark to mount the pavements and drove all the way up with no helmet on with some kid on the back.

Has anyone else had a close encounter?

No But I saw one get hit the other month on Wordsworth Avenue as it shot out into the road without looking :rant:

Luckily no one was seriously injured as the car screeched to a halt and just clipped it.

Get quite a few of them here in Woodhouse - silly prats!

Riding on and off the road/on and off pavement with no helmet and sometimes with young children on back.

Let them have their fun????? oh yeah! and let them kill themselves and others?????? no way! They are obviously too stupid to understand the full impact of accidents etc They need adults to steer them in the right direction.

Letting them off is no way to help them develop their role as fit and active citizens of this country.

Originally posted by Unregistered

That was me - 40 years ago.

Let the kids have some fantastic fun - we grow out of it.

Ask them if you can have a go.

Funs fine, but not when its dangerous for anyone but the person having fun. They're often up at Graves. I always call the police giving them as man y details as possible. If their parents can't tgeach them social responsibility then let the courts do it

String 'em up I say. :P

We,ve got about 4 mini motorbikes running around our area. After talking to our local PC the police are concerned that they do not have any insurance.

It was also mentioned that they cant chase them in case they have an accident, poor things.

It does look great fun though and now have loads of leaflets from South Yorkshire Police to hand out warning about the dangers involved.

FUN....FUN....FUN....

YEAH YOU WONT BE SAYING THAT WHEN THEY KILL SOMEONE ELSE EITHER INJURING A KID OR AN ELDERLY PERSON.

(REMEMBER THE ONE ON SHIREGREEN - CAR v LAMPOST!)

Oh of course these kids will have full insurance and licences and are all over 16years and will be in full control of the bikes. RIGHT!

Bloomin dogooders will be moaning as well when they are arrested....

You cant have it all ways stating the police are crap one minute being over zelous the next

Parents have got alot to answer to these days whats happened to good old fashioned decency and respect.

I remember last year driving up Prince of Wales Road and a trials bike (rider not more than 11/12yrs no helmet) ride straight across Prince of Wales Road onto Fairleigh numerous cars having to slam on their brakes. THEY ARE IDIOTIC and need dropping down a peg or too.

ANY IDEAS??????

Archived