The new Islam megathread part 3

Secondly there is no indication that Muslims will form a majority in the country. Although birth rates may be higher that's typically true of all immigrant groups when the arrive: West Indians, Jews and now Muslims. However gradually this disparity is reduced.

They don't need to be a majority to have overwhelming political clout. At the last general election Nulabour secured a good majority in Westminster on just 28% of the eligible vote.

It's unlikely though that such apathy would prevail in the face of a possible 'Muslim Party' victory. :)

That would be so good if it were ever to happen. :)

It happens on a daily basis from the Muslims but something you don't recognise. Just take a look Grahame, and see if you can find even a percentage of Muslims criticising Christianity or insulting Jesus, and then look if Christians criticize Islam, and you may get the picture who shows more respect.

It happens on a daily basis from the Muslims but something you don't recognise. Just take a look Grahame, and see if you can find even a percentage of Muslims criticising Christianity or insulting Jesus, and then look if Christians criticize Islam, and you may get the picture who shows more respect.

Thank you tab, but I did refrain from posting yesterday didn't I?

They don't need to be a majority to have overwhelming political clout. At the last general election Nulabour secured a good majority in Westminster on just 28% of the eligible vote.

It's unlikely though that such apathy would prevail in the face of a possible 'Muslim Party' victory. :)

On a research basis before hiding under the bed because the Muslims are taking over, can you look at what the parties standing on an Islamic platform got as a vote share in Pakistan? A Muslim country by most accounts and the Islamic party comes last in the poles. Where the Taliban are trying to impose their doctrin, a military conflict has pushed them back into their caves by the Muslims of Pakistan. So there is "no Sharia law being imposed" in a country with with 90% Muslim population. Doesn't that just put the Islamophobic hysteria of Sharia Islamic laws in Britain, into perspective?

Thank you tab, but I did refrain from posting yesterday didn't I?

I concede you have some ethics, and I respect that, may not agree with all you say but certainly respect honesty:thumbsup:

But surely PT if Muslims do become the majority (as birth rate demographics predict ) wouldn't they follow form and elect Muslim MPs who would then "democratically" control Parliament ? :|

and how many actual muslim........or even "asian" mps / politicians do we have now? about 3? 4?

just cos they might have a larger demograph doesnt mean they will get through the system any more / quicker

its still based on traditions going back 100s of years and lets face it is still rather racist and sexist

So Mauritania isn't also known as the 'Islamic Republic of Mauritania' then?

I posted the same thing on post #300 but it seems not to be relevant to our erudite Islamic scholar.

Either that or he/she is frantically trying to put some "spin" on it. :rolleyes:

Archived