The new Islam megathread part 3

Of course it depends entirely upon who or what he thinks are the legitimate targets, and would it be a surprise for you to learn that in a war situation it would be the enemy?

Every soldier willing to lay down his life fighting on behalf of his country, and whichever country it may be, and any suicide bomber is an extremist. I thought I had explained it in an earlier post Jimmy

A country being invaded and more than a million of it's citizens killed is justification for some to call it a war. They are then the terrorists and extremists for fighting back, and their religion is blamed as the root cause........indeed:loopy:.

So you agree with british forces men and women being killed?

Can't agree with you on that one.

The soldier who fights in a situation knowing he may die isn't the same as someone deliberately killing himself.

The latter is against the rules laid down in Al Qur'an if I'm correct.

Suicide is a sin as is murder of an innocent.

Most suicide bombers murder innocent civilians who happen to get in the way.

Often deliberately. See the latest Mosque murders in Pakistan.

Thank you upinwath, but I was hoping a non-Muslim would tell me the same thing with evidence from the Qur'an, but no worries. Exactly the point I have been making most of the previous pages, that the guys blowing themselves up are not doing it because Islam or the Qur'an tells them to. Suicide is forbidden by the Qur'an. They are doing it for similar reasons to what the soldiers are doing it, namely obeying orders of their commanders in what they regard as a war situation. Morally I don't see much difference between them as people who are prepared to kill and/or be killed.

To make it clear I never defended the murder of civilians by suicide bombers and find equally abhorrent be it by suicide bombers or by the soldiers hiding behind justifications like collateral damage, both are equally as unacceptable and to argue otherwise would be hypocritical. As you point out upinwath, most of the victims of suicide bombings lately (as in Pakistan)have been Muslims, so are we going to be accused now of enjoying being blown to bits because we are Muslims? To accuse Muslims of being suicide bombers because they are Muslims is just as stupid IMO.

So you agree with british forces men and women being killed?
No frank I don't agree with anybody being killed, Muslims or Non-muslims, and to accept one death as acceptable and cry over the other is hypocracy. When I used the term soldier, it is any soldier fighting for his country and whichever that country may happen to be, it's the willingness to lay down their life that I am refering to, not just British forces.

A country being invaded and more than a million of it's citizens killed is justification for some to call it a war.

So where were the suicide bombers in Bosnia?, why were Muslims of the world not calling for our troops to be removed from that country:huh:.

So where were the suicide bombers in Bosnia?, why were Muslims of the world not calling for our troops to be removed from that country:huh:.
Oh, I am sorry I must have missed the bit where Bosnia was invaded under a false pretext. Maybe you can answer why there were no suicide bombings in Bosnia if Islam teaches them to do it?

Of course it depends entirely upon who or what he thinks are the legitimate targets, and would it be a surprise for you to learn that in a war situation it would be the enemy?
Way to give a really vague answer, I think you know what I was getting at.

Let's try an example, do you think agree with that fool Qaradawi that Israeli female civilians are 'legitimate targets' for such activities?

That's what makes it vastly different from a soldier going into battle knowing he will probably die.

At the battle of Thermapolae, about 1000 Greeks stayed behind knowing that they would probably die in order to stop the Babylonian cavalry charge from running down their fleeing allies. That's giving your life for a cause.

Blowing yourself up in a marketplace in so very different from that can you not see that?

Way to give a really vague answer, I think you know what I was getting at.

Let's try an example, do you think agree with that fool Qaradawi that Israeli female civilians are 'legitimate targets' for such activities?

That's what makes it vastly different from a soldier going into battle knowing he will probably die.

At the battle of Thermapolae, about 1000 Greeks stayed behind knowing that they would probably die in order to stop the Babylonian cavalry charge from running down their fleeing allies. That's giving your life for a cause.

Blowing yourself up in a marketplace in so very different from that can you not see that?

And after all that explaining, the conclusion you've come to is that I was trying to justify suicide bombing in a market place? That's sad Jimmy.:rolleyes: Either you are a very simple soul with little understanding or deliberately disingenuous.

In your opinion then, it's not yet established if the Palestinians have a cause to fight or not? Have you ever bothered to read up on the plight of the Palestinian people and the humiliation they are put through deliberately for the sake of being born a Palestinian? No civilians should be targeted with suicide bombs or white phosphorus bombs.

Archived