The new Islam megathread part 3

They could do it here.

they have

where were you? :)

I think serapis's post illustrates the gulf between perception and reality, and sadly perception often supercedes rational thought, I've only seen the Muslim posters here condemn terrorism.

...constant bending over backwards by our government to cater for minoritys rather than the majority

Crikey, I'd love to see where I or any other black folks I know have benefitted from this 'constant bending backwards by our government', in case you didn't know, it's part of the governments job to ensure groups or comminities of people aren't disadvantaged, I wouldnt call that 'bending over backwards', whether that be the unemployed, underachievers, gays, ethnic minorities, young, old etc etc.

Let me give you an example, as the off road bikers of High Green create no inconvenience to me, should I perceive that as the police 'bending over backwards' to accommodate the sensitivities of certain High Green residents, rather than dealing with real crime elsewhere?

A) The BNP's support isn't growing by much (it declined in Yorkshire). As for the swing of voters to the right.... well the 44% increase in the Green vote in the Euro elections tells a different story.

B) Since it is a myth that the Govt bends over backwards for minorities, the problem is not the Govt.s policies but the perception of them. It is helpful now for example that there are many more bloggers deconstrucing media stories like they do at http://www.mailwatch.co.uk so people can look behind the headlines to find out the truth and the background to media bias.

exactly.................all this islamophobia and anti immigration, anti pc stuff generally is built on MYTHS

something i just noticed from the OP 40 pages ago :D

Accusations of Islam being anti-semetic

Of course, in a way, all other religions are mildly anti-semetic, because they believe Judaism is wrong. However, in the way the OP means it, it is actually nations and individuals, not the religion, that speaks out, and when they do, it is usually anti-zionist, not anti-semetic. Should also point out of course that there are plenty of Jewish anti-zionists, as well as anti-zionists of every flavour other than muslims.

i think what they normally go on............grabbing the small minority as usual, the palistine / israel conflict.........and the likes of the hardline iran government making comments about israel

I think serapis's post illustrates the gulf between perception and reality, and sadly perception often supercedes rational thought, I've only seen the Muslim posters here condemn terrorism.

I can only speak for those who I come into regular contact with here.

Have 'Tab1' or 'Wednesday1' ever said openly they disagree with all terrorism in the name of Islam?

I think the issue with a tiny minority is that whenever anyone questions Islam there is little in the way of a constructive response. In most cases the replies come in 'two-footed' and degrade quickly into an argument with the inevitable racist or islamaphobe labelling.

Personally I have a huge interest in religion of all types. I would love to learn more about the real Islam, stripped away from the cultural traditions. The prophecy and the history of the three Abrahamic faiths are fascinating.

I can only speak for those who I come into regular contact with here.

Have 'Tab1' or 'Wednesday1' ever said openly they disagree with all terrorism in the name of Islam?

I have seen Tab1 repeatedly condemn terrorism. Wednesday generally does one liners, I don't expect it has occurred to him that there is any need for him to condemn terrorism.

I think the issue with a tiny minority is that whenever anyone questions Islam there is little in the way of a constructive response. In most cases the replies come in 'two-footed' and degrade quickly into an argument with the inevitable racist or islamaphobe labelling.

Personally I have a huge interest in religion of all types. I would love to learn more about the real Islam, stripped away from the cultural traditions. The prophecy and the history of the three Abrahamic faiths are fascinating.

That all sounds very noble but rather different from your hissy fit on Saturday when you insisted you were right about Zakat despite being obviously wrong.

I have seen Tab1 repeatedly condemn terrorism. Wednesday generally does one liners, I don't expect it has occurred to him that there is any need for him to condemn terrorism.

You may well be right and with my memory I am always open to being proven wrong, especially in cases of past discussions. Wednesday does more for anti-islamic feeling here than anyone else in my opinion.

That all sounds very noble but rather different from your hissy fit on Saturday when you insisted you were right about Zakat despite being obviously wrong.

You have to admit that the Sunni book is part of Islam and so should be considered. You have to understand that the Sunni denomination is the largest group within Islam. Also the 7th rule of Zatat is open to a vast array of differing interpretations unlike the other 7 which are pretty specific. I understand your point but you must see mine also.

Archived