The new Islam megathread part 3

But "we" generally don't. We tut and decry it when we see it on TV, but that's all we do. We then just carry on going about our lives. Why should we expect Muslims to be any different?

The UK had one of if not the largest protest against the war in Iraq in London. We don’t just sit back and tut.

The UK had one of if not the largest protest against the war in Iraq in London. We don’t just sit back and tut.

Really? I don't know anyone who went to it.

Perhaps some Muslims did similar somewhere but the media outlets to which you subscribe chose not to report it....

I’m sorry but you’re confusing me. You seemed to be saying that we need to accept and apologise.

Well I certainly dont mean to confuse you, it was your use of the phrase 'need not' which I read incorrectly. I had been quite explicit earlier though in this post.

Whether Saddam murdered thousands of innocents or not, that doesnt justify anyone joining in and doing the same or mean that the people of that region should accept it because they're used to it. Nor do the mistakes we made in these regions mean we as British people have to wear a hair shirt about it either.

In fairness Aim4, it's largely irrelevant whether he was or wasn't a member of the BNP, the fact is he believed in the pre-eminence of whites heterosexuals, in the same way that Muslim terrorists believe in the extreme elements of their doctrine, the fact is just because Copeland carried out his atrocities in the name of straight whites, those people should not be forced to make excuses for or condemn him, just as the vast majority of law abiding British Muslims shouldn't have to either for their radicals.

I agree, but pem123 placed a large amount of importance on Copleland once being involved with the BNP and totaly failed to mention his connection NSM.

Im not even a BNP supporter.... but i just cant resist ;)

I agree, but pem123 placed a large amount of importance on Copleland once being involved with the BNP and totaly failed to mention his connection NSM.

Im not even a BNP supporter.... but i just cant resist ;)

Oh dear.

I didn't, I just responded to a thread asking for examples of BNP members (which he was the year before, hardly a "way back when" case) carrying out atrocities. I didn't speculate on any other factors.

Are you going to stop "owning my ass now dude"? :hihi:

Really? I don't know anyone who went to it.

Yeah, I was surprised too.

Approx 1.5 million people protested in 2003 and were considered the largest protest in London’s history. Rome had the largest number with 3 million people although exact figures are hard to obtain and official numbers differ from organisation to organisation.

Perhaps some Muslims did similar somewhere but the media outlets to which you subscribe chose not to report it....

That maybe the case (the Muslim Association of Britain joined the Feb 15th protest) but if they have no voice through the mainstream media, they need to look for alternative methods of getting their views across.

That maybe the case but if they have no voice through the mainstream media, they need to look for alternative methods of getting their views across.

Does it bother you that the "not in my name" protests may not have been fairly and propotionately reported in the Muslim media?

Oh dear.

I didn't, I just responded to a thread asking for examples of BNP members (which he was the year before, hardly a "way back when" case) carrying out atrocities. I didn't speculate on any other factors.

Are you going to stop "owning my ass now dude"? :hihi:

Oh yes you did :hihi:

Ummm, well I can give you an example of a BNP member blowing up a London nightclub.... Step forward David Copeland

Archived