The new Islam megathread part 3

I was simply pointing out how the religious zealots have a different view of the contributions religion has made to global disharmony.

The 'Beach Boys' and the 'Four Seasons' aren't Muslims, just listen the their harmonys, the 'Osmonds' are members of the 'Moron' church so they aren't Muslims either but their harmonys are great as well, no disharmony, so who needs religion?

Since the religion of peace (TROP) was mentioned in relation to stats I think it worth highlighting this section of the article where turns it 8% in to 80%.

PART 5: COMPARING TROP STATISTICS TO FACTS

Why is it a mistake for Reinsford to assume the motive for these acts of violence, or even assume they were committed by Muslims? To answer that, let’s look at an official charting of terror acts (note the difference between “terror acts” and “acts of terrorists”) compiled by the National Counterterrorism Center’s Worldwide Incidents Tracking System (NCTC) at the direction of the President and Congress, and found at in its raw form at http://www.hddweb.com/95376/Copy_of_NCTC_Data_International_Terrorist_Events.xls .

This vast database provides an authoritative and deeply researched list of incidents worldwide, occurring between 1/1/2004 and 12/7/2007, which have the potential to be terrorist incidents, once the motive and responsible parties are determined.

In August 2004, the President established the National Counterterrorism Center (NCTC) to serve as the primary organization in the United States Government (USG) for integrating and analyzing all intelligence pertaining to terrorism and counterterrorism (CT) and to conduct strategic operational planning by integrating all instruments of national power. In December 2004, Congress codified the NCTC in the Intelligence Reform and Terrorism Prevention Act (IRTPA) and placed the NCTC in the Office of the Director of National Intelligence. Located at the Liberty Crossing Building in Northern Virginia, the NCTC is a multi-agency organization dedicated to eliminating the terrorist threat to US interests at home and abroad.

In this government database, we find (in just this 4 year period) 71,378 incidents worldwide. These include bombings, armed attacks, car bombs, assassinations, suicide bombings, firebombings, assaults, kidnappings, and arson. This database verifies – where possible – the motive of the perpetrator and the group responsible for the attack(s), and classifies them accordingly.

The breakdown for these four years as charted is available at: http://wits.nctc.gov/crn2/cgi-bin/cognos.cgi/gd/H4sIAAAAAAAAALMODfLxdNFQ8g2JrPTPcq3wD0mu8KsKNfUNCS33dXE086vyrfB3tLVV0gQAciJyKSoAAAA_/

1/9/07 This list has now been updated and is at http://wits.nctc.gov/crn2/cgi-bin/cognos.cgi

The figures below may be slightly different in the udpate.

Christian Extremist 1,042

Environmental/Anti-Globalization 9

Islamic Extremist (Shia) 755

Islamic Extremist (Sunni) 4,984

Islamic Extremist (Unknown) 443

Jewish Extremist 16

Neonazi/Fascists/White Supremacists 1

Secular Political/Anarchist 17,118

Tribal/Clan/Ethnic 1,115

Unknown 45,895

Total: 71,378

As shown above, the majority of these attacks are classified as “Unknown” meaning either the perpetrator or the motive for the attack, or both, remain unknown. This does NOT show over 10,000 Muslim terrorist attacks, as the TROP List shows, and points to a major flaw in Reinsford’s methodology. 71,378 terrorist incidents between 1/1/2004 and 12/7/2007, of which 6,182 were motivated by Muslim religious extremism, equaling 8.66%, NOT the 80% that Reinsford erroneously claims.

Since the religion of peace (TROP) was mentioned in relation to stats I think it worth highlighting this section of the article where turns it 8% in to 80%.

Good post and investiagtion Wildcat.

The Islamophobes will still always hunt for more to feed on and just go in circles.

Including 45,895 unattributable acts of terrorism into the calculation distorts the final analysis. These are the figures for known acts of terrorism:

Secular Political/Anarchist 17,118

Islamic 6,182

Tribal/Clan/Ethnic 1,115

Christian Extremist 1,042

Jewish Extremist 16

Environmental/Anti-Globalization 9

Neonazi/Fascists/White Supremacists 1

Unknown 45,895

You know you really shouldn't believe a webiste that so obviously looks and feels like Neo Nazi rubbish.... because unsurprisingly that is precisely what it is.

Did you not read the first part of my post? Here it is again for you...

Statistics can be used to prove (...and disprove...) anything...

I was using it as an example of how statistics can be (mis)used. I never said I believed it.

Therefore...

Furthermore, the site is said to be owned by Glen Reinsford.

He has a bit of a dodgy past:

http://www.chasingevil.org/2007/12/trop-website.html

...is irrelevant as a response to my post - unless you're just reinforcing my point. But thanks anyhow.

The 'Beach Boys' and the 'Four Seasons' aren't Muslims, just listen the their harmonys, the 'Osmonds' are members of the 'Moron' church so they aren't Muslims either but their harmonys are great as well, no disharmony, so who needs religion?

..I bet you loved Dire Straits and Genesis too :hihi:

Archived