The new Islam megathread part 3

Women who hang about with musicians are called 'Groupies'.

Men who hang around with musicians are called 'Drummers'

I know.

You can always tell when the roadies have set the stage up on the level - the drummer drools out of both sided of his mouth.

D'ya think we're getting a little off topic?

(...and d'ya think it matters?)

I know.

You can always tell when the roadies have set the stage up on the level - the drummer drools out of both sided of his mouth.

D'ya think we're getting a little off topic?

(...and d'ya think it matters?)

I'd quite foregotten about the topic, 'Sealion Dimension' setting in.

Eagles, Fleetwood Mac, Crosby Stills & Nash mainly.

Luckily for me being a brilliant musician I've enjoyed playing their classics

I'm surprised, I had you down as a devotee of Burning Spear, King Tubby and Black Uhuru ;)

I'm surprised, I had you down as a devotee of Burning Spear, King Tubby and Black Uhuru ;)

I could have added the more commonly termed classics having studied music in London.

BTW who or what the hell are Burning Spear, King Tubby and Black Uhuru?

I thought Uhuru was black anyway.:hihi:

PS long live The new Islam megathread part 3

Ok. Let's get back on track. There are concerns on this forum about the so-called "creeping Sharia." However, focusing on the 'Bad guy' Islam misses a much larger problem of 'creeping theocracy" by religious groups, who have more power, particularly in the US, than the relatively small Muslim population.

There are so many examples of religious organisations self-policing in ways which are in opposition to our secular legal system. They attempt, sometimes successfully, to impose their theocratic ideals on the rest of society (No Gay catholic adoption, Proposition 8).

They are also acting internationally, in ways which undermine Westerners' moral high ground in criticizing Islam. Rather than lashing out at Islam in discriminatory fashion, we need to take a look in the mirror and be honest about the encroachment of all religious organisations in Western governments.

The most stunning recent example is the Catholic Church handling the sexual abuse of children by priests, internally. They should have turned the priests over to the authorities, rather than acting as accessories to the crimes. The sex abuse problem in the Catholic Church is not merely that they have a lot of priests who abuse children. The Vatican acted globally in covering up the abuse of at least 30,000 children. The UN has formulated a declaration, indicting the Church for their illegal behavior but no formal action has been taken against the Vatican by Western governments. How can Western countries hope to influence Muslim countries to improve their human rights standards, when we are not willing to take on the Vatican?

The most stunning recent example is the Catholic Church handling the sexual abuse of children by priests, internally. They should have turned the priests over to the US authorities, rather than acting as accessories to the crimes. The Vatican is a foreign theocratic government, which acted within the United States in covering up crimes against American children. The sex abuse problem in the Catholic Church is not merely that they have a lot of priests who abuse children. The Vatican acted globally in covering up the abuse of at least 30,000 children. The UN has formulated a declaration, indicting the Church for their illegal behavior; but, no formal action has been taken against the Vatican by Western governments. How can Western countries hope to influence Muslim countries to improve their human rights standards, when we are not willing to take on the Vatican?

Ok. Let's get back on track. There are concerns on this forum about the so-called "creeping Sharia." However, focusing on the 'Bad guy' Islam misses a much larger problem of 'creeping theocracy" by religious groups, who have more power, particularly in the US, than the relatively small Muslim population.

There are so many examples of religious organisations self-policing in ways which are in opposition to our secular legal system. They attempt, sometimes successfully, to impose their theocratic ideals on the rest of society (No Gay catholic adoption, Proposition 8).

They are also acting internationally, in ways which undermine Westerners' moral high ground in criticizing Islam. Rather than lashing out at Islam in discriminatory fashion, we need to take a look in the mirror and be honest about the encroachment of all religious organisations in Western governments.

The most stunning recent example is the Catholic Church handling the sexual abuse of children by priests, internally. They should have turned the priests over to the authorities, rather than acting as accessories to the crimes. The sex abuse problem in the Catholic Church is not merely that they have a lot of priests who abuse children. The Vatican acted globally in covering up the abuse of at least 30,000 children. The UN has formulated a declaration, indicting the Church for their illegal behavior but no formal action has been taken against the Vatican by Western governments. How can Western countries hope to influence Muslim countries to improve their human rights standards, when we are not willing to take on the Vatican?

We denounce anything that is wrong, and many Catholics feel the same as the rest.

However as far as Islam is concerned Muslims, and you can see it on here, defend Islam to the hilt.

than the relatively small Muslim population.

Relatively small Muslim population?:loopy:

Well for a relatively small population they certainly create an awful lot of mess around thw world.

Thank God (the real God) they're relatively small.

We denounce anything that is wrong, and many Catholics feel the same as the rest.

However as far as Islam is concerned Muslims, and you can see it on here, defend Islam to the hilt.

Who are 'we'? Do you denounce gay marriage and abortion as well? Whose idea of wrong?

Catholics are trying to take back the church from the Bishops. There is a revolution starting and I hope they succeed.

Archived