The new Islam megathread part 3

By "we" I meant Christians generally.
Are you a Christian? :huh:

Catholics trying to take back the church for themselves bears out what I said about them being unhappy with the state of affairs. Sounds to me like they are being totally honest. Do you have a problem with that? I wish other religions were the same and denounce what is wrong with their religion, and put their house in order.

What aspects of Islam's UK house do you believe needs putting in 'order'?

As far as the other issues you mention, isn't it the gay community who are thrusting their views on the rest of us?

I think what the gay community is doing is pushing for equality since there still exist ignorant bigots who believe they're second class citizens.

the last time catholics tried to do that, the result was 400 years of open warfare across the whole of europe and a simmering feud that exists in some places today.

even with the relatively low-tech armaments of the period an immense number of people were killed, with modern armament technology a repeat of the conflict would produce a death toll of billions.

so much for the "christian god of love" and the admonition of its prophet to "love thy neighbour"

The operative word being 400 years, what you should have also said was ago the more modern wars in europe are nothing to do with christianity whereas the islamic 'westernerphobes' are still acting out the 13th century in the 21st.

I think what the gay community is doing is pushing for equality since there still exist ignorant bigots who believe they're second class citizens.

It is no longer illegal to be a homosexual, and laws are in place to prevent discrimination towards homosexuality; that is about as far as you can go with it, Peter Tatchell will waste a lifetime trying to "changing peoples attitudes" towards gay people.

Slavery went on for years, doesn't make it right.

Yes the slavery of Europeans that were captured by Barbary pirates for the Arab slave trade was terrible. I think we should have a "white history month" in schools so that the white children can learn all about their ancestors suffering at the hands of the Arabs and Africans.

It is no longer illegal to be a homosexual, and laws are in place to prevent discrimination towards homosexuality; that is about as far as you can go with it, Peter Tatchell will waste a lifetime trying to "changing peoples attitudes" towards gay people.

I never mentioned Peter Tatchell, but since there are still people who discriminate against gay folks, directly and indirectly, then their efforts to establish a level playing field are entirely appropriate, in my opinion.

Yes the slavery of Europeans that were captured by Barbary pirates for the Arab slave trade was terrible. I think we should have a "white history month" in schools so that the white children can learn all about their ancestors suffering at the hands of the Arabs and Africans.

I think you'll find most months are 'white history' months in schools.

the last time catholics tried to do that, the result was 400 years of open warfare across the whole of europe and a simmering feud that exists in some places today.

even with the relatively low-tech armaments of the period an immense number of people were killed, with modern armament technology a repeat of the conflict would produce a death toll of billions.

so much for the "christian god of love" and the admonition of its prophet to "love thy neighbour"

They can do what the non-conformist churches did in a non-violent way like the Methodists and the Baptists, and the Salvation Army and others.

Just walk away and set up your own church, or join an already established church.

Archived