Stocksbridge Development-Retail not Regeneration

Nearly October and still no word of a start date.

Tenders were initially supposed to be returned by the end of May, but this was pushed back to the end of July due to the late re-design of Block B to incorporate a swimming pool.

There was then another major issue and a bit more re-design to a number of blocks that pushed it back further still.

The last I heard tenders should have been submitted yesterday, so depending on how they fit into the Dransfield budget, I guess there maybe news out in the next few weeks.

For what it's worth I think the scheme looks quite nice with lots of Stoke Hall Quarry stone to the walls of the various units.

There's a walk through video on the Dransfield site showing what the scheme should look like.

Regards

Doom

• 4 weeks later...

http://www.dransfield.co.uk/news.php...0&src=property

A very nice video, well produced IMHO.

But and it's a big but, some of the video appears to be where some of the steelworks are still in operation, mainly to the left side of the low yard and up where the weighbridge is still operating and where the steel racks are near to the shop.

I assume these items will have to be relocated before any construction can commence.

Must add, the proposed site does look nice and clean, much different to the steel works.

Clank town (Stocksbridge) is on the up at last.

Angel.

• 2 weeks later...
and on the vid there is 2 lanes next to the town hall they must be going to knock down the corner shop across from the town hall,

Which corner Shop are we talking about, all I can see is Yvonnes Hairdressers with the New Fox Valley plaque on the side of it.