Food in the Broadfield

lazyfish

Been there a few times now! Was slightly wary of eating anything because it's all under £2.50, but it's alright! Really!

Haven't chanced a steak pie or anything though. You've got to accept the limitations of three English pounds.... But would definitely recommend their salads and sandwiches.

Its basic pub grub which is what you would expect for £2.50.

I would imagine it would do well there because of the high number of students that go in.

We were in for the footy last weekend and had the pie, lasagne and ham,egg and chips. All meals were fine. Its not fancy but it is hot and well cooked.

I'd recommend it as a cheap, feed-yer-face place, but it aint somewhere to take the bird for the anninversary!

The Big Tree at Woodseats is in the same chain and does the same menu too.

I used to live just up the road a went there for a cheap tea if I couldnt be bothered to cook anything..

Now here is a major tip...

Ask who is cooking, Boy or Girl...

If it is the boy then stay and eat and I reckon you get more than 2.50s worth of grub and the presentation of it is good too.

However, and it is a big however..

If the girl is in the kitchen, turn and run for the door..

She is about as good at cooking (and these arent excatly Gourmet (SP) Meals) as I dont know what....

It really does come out of the kitchen looking like she did it all with her eyes shut.. I mean the girl cant even fry an egg. I once, and I stress once, ordered the all day breakfast and it was terrible.. The egg was uncooked, the beans were cold and the sausage was like rubber...

Take this advice and you wont go wrong..

Rant over.

Archived