The Rude Shipyard, Abbeydale Road

So its turning into the Rude Chav Tipyard beneath my Broken WIndow now is it ?? This is the danger of opening sophisticated coffee shops in a very much NON sophisticated area where you can concieveably get all the chav unemployed pregnant unmarried benefit sucking mothers invading your premises - such a sad outcome to a very promising venture ..

Er, hello??? Perhaps you don't know where this cafe is, but it's only just opened, and isn't far from Bragazzi's, and Matteo never has a load of chavs in his place - the description given seems to be of the feckless middleclasses who let little johnny roam free, so he can better develop his unique personality - a chav wouldn't have wasted money on a hot chocolate for a kid!

hello.

perhaps you dont know the meaning of feckless???

look it up - theres plenty of free online dictionaries out there.

a ineffective, incompetent and irresponsible (ie feckless) person would not make the intentional decision to "better develop [their child's] unique personality".

perhaps people should also leave objectional, offensive and judgemental comments on another persons ability to parent out of a public forum (see these forums Terms of Use & Rules)

you should probably also leave the derogatory class comments out of it while you're at it.

Hello there,

I do apologise if you didn't enjoy your time at our humble spot gdwink. We only have a small place here (the big room upstairs will be opening soon!) as you will have seen for yourself, so we do fill up pretty quickly but we are open to everyone. We won't be excluding prams nor are they part of the furniture. I guess it's just pot luck! Saturday was certainly our busiest day yet (thanks for coming folks!), so an elbow or two may have rubbed.

Regards to you all,

The Rude Shipyard.

Hello there,

I do apologise if you didn't enjoy your time at our humble spot gdwink. We only have a small place here (the big room upstairs will be opening soon!) as you will have seen for yourself, so we do fill up pretty quickly but we are open to everyone. We won't be excluding prams nor are they part of the furniture. I guess it's just pot luck! Saturday was certainly our busiest day yet (thanks for coming folks!), so an elbow or two may have rubbed.

Regards to you all,

The Rude Shipyard.

You certainly shouldn't have to apologise for having a very friendly and open atmosphere - from what I've been told.

As to the posters on here who grumble; did you say anything at the time?

If you didn't, then you really have nothing to complain about. You surely had ample chance to voice your concerns to the mothers or the cafe owner, and yet chose to air your views namelessly on a public forum.

Obviously, also, you've never tried taking any number of childrens and prams around town as it's never the easiest thing from a logistics point of view. You also obviously don't spend a lot of time around small children, as spilling things and generally making a mess is pretty much all they can do.

Perhaps you could have helped the ladies with prams to actually get into the cafe without causing the ruckus you described? You might have considered it your good deed for the day.

hello.

perhaps you dont know the meaning of feckless???

look it up - theres plenty of free online dictionaries out there.

a ineffective, incompetent and irresponsible (ie feckless) person would not make the intentional decision to "better develop [their child's] unique personality".

perhaps people should also leave objectional, offensive and judgemental comments on another persons ability to parent out of a public forum (see these forums Terms of Use & Rules)

you should probably also leave the derogatory class comments out of it while you're at it.

My comment re 'unique personality' was obviously a swipe - Irony? Stop being a idiot - you have your issues, thankfully they are not mine:thumbsup:

Enjoyed our visit today. Pleasant guy and lady behind the counter. Nice cup of hot chocolate with a piece of delicious cake. Wife enjoyed her coffee and her gluten free cake.

Newspapers to read and loads of interesting books to brouse.

Memories by the score for me, as I was born and raised across from the place on Herschell Road. Seem to remember it being a bread shop years ago, think it was called Dodmans, but not sure.

Best of luck to the couple, who no doubt have sunk a fair amount of cash into starting up the venue.

You can go into any cafe / restaurant in Sheffield and be annoyed by certain customers, that's life !

Archived