The Rude Shipyard, Abbeydale Road

Apparently freedom of thought and speech aren't allowed in these parts, however, it does seem that suddenly the forum is all 'a-buzz' about The Rude Shipyard.
No one told you that you couldn't speak, we just had a difference of opinion - that is free speech ;)

Apparently freedom of thought and speech aren't allowed in these parts, however, it does seem that suddenly the forum is all 'a-buzz' about The Rude Shipyard.

I think you'll find freedom of speech is what allows this forum to exist in the first place.

There was one poster on here earlier who was at odds with the ethos of the forum tho - just because gdwink doesn't like middle class mums and their offspring, that is a point they are entitled to... I get annoyed by them too, but I am perhaps more likely to tell them than gdwink?

I haven't been yet to Rude Shipyard, but would like to give em a try... If they have half the atmosphere of Cafe 9 I will almost certainly go more than once!

I went on Sunday, with a baby in a buggy, which didn't seem to cause too much disruption to other customers. We were made to feel v. welcome. They had run out of most veggie stuff but were more than happy to whip up scrambled eggs on toast. It had a lovely vibe, and exceedingly moreish chocolate brownie. Also, it seemed to be very cheap, so I hope the proprietors haven't underpriced their wares, as I would love to see this cafe thrive.

Archived