marina holidays

thank you travelagent, i was begining to think that i imagined them, i have just returned from salou and could`nt find the hotel that we used, when marina went bust, we got kicked out of the hotel one day earlier and had to find our way home, it was my first tour abroad.

They went under finally on Monday 30th November 1982, a great pity as they were a great company to work for. We were all in the pub by 9.30am jobless and very upset as we thought the future was safe as we had been bought out but they had pulled out! It was my first job and I still have nothing but fond memories of my time there!

Did you work for Kettlewells by any chance George?

hi sarah, no i worked for National Travel east, which was Sheffield United Tours, this was my first overseas tour, i was number 2 driver, there were 9 coaches set off for spain, 8 coaches did not pick up a travel permit on the french/spainish boarder, these were impounded upon arrival at resort, i did collect a permit and was kept very busy doing the work of the other 8 coaches,happy days, george

Archived