Anybody remember Graham Shaw?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, not logged on for a long time and just found this thread. I used to work in the development shop round about 1967 and am so please to read that Hodgy is still alive and well, what a nice guy. It was also the days when Bernard Shaw and Len Badger were playing somewhere at the back of the field (memory fades and I am a girly afterall). Also Ken Mallender somewhere near the back. Up front we had Tony Currie, Colin Addison, Alan woodward, Mick Hill, David Monks and somewhere or other there was Willie Carlin. One of my best mates at the time was Paddy Buckley, bought from Wolves but sadly played few games due to injury. Off pitch he and Tony were a double act and we were all good mates...good days they were.

A name not on your list but I guess you remember him, Ted Hemsley, who is still fit and well and busying himself. Ted is one of the rare breed of former professional cricketers (Worcestershire) who also played professional football, Shrewsbury and Sheffield United. I prefer to talk to him about cricket!

• 12 years later...

I worked in his cafe in Sheffield castle market in the 1980 as a Saturday girl . His brother had a chip shop and smaller cafe in the same market on the floor above , although I remember him as Brian not Bernard . Graham was a lovely boss  , sad to hear that he passed away .