How many goth/metal head people are there on here?

emos are wanna be goths but too lightweight :P

S'what I thought. Seems easy enough, buy the clothes, get some dreadful tats that you'll really regret when all your mates are working for banks at 25, listen to some of this emu music and look fed up all the time. Simple Simon :thumbsup:

See, what I don't get is this. I was that age when rave was the big thing. The culture then was to have a good time and basically to be happy and treat other people with respect and love and all that. I don't see why you'd subscribe to a culture that apparently promotes misery :huh:

Suppose I just don't get it

S'what I thought. Seems easy enough, buy the clothes, get some dreadful tats that you'll really regret when all your mates are working for banks at 25, listen to some of this emu music and look fed up all the time. Simple Simon :thumbsup:

See, what I don't get is this. I was that age when rave was the big thing. The culture then was to have a good time and basically to be happy and treat other people with respect and love and all that. I don't see why you'd subscribe to a culture that apparently promotes misery :huh:

Suppose I just don't get it

mid 80s i was into punk.....with a bit of metal (iron maiden, motorhead etc)

late 80s, early 90s i was living with, hanging around with goths...aswell as punks, metallers, hippies

early 90s i also got into the rave scene (peoples choice, music factory etc)

but ive always been me...neither/both happy/sad :P, suppose im just a walking contradiction

but ive always been me...neither/both happy/sad :P, suppose im just a walking contradiction

I like to think i'm the same.

It's the ultimate irony otherwise isn't it? "I decided to become an individual 'cos all my mates are"

Archived