Goth All-dayers?!

Ah thank you Jared. I think I may actually be playing that night on the 1st November with The Silent Age. I'll have an ask around to see if anyone else is interested in playing on the 1st, who is down for it already?

X

Ah thank you Jared. I think I may actually be playing that night on the 1st November with The Silent Age. I'll have an ask around to see if anyone else is interested in playing on the 1st, who is down for it already?

X

The silent age,

Izzie voodoo (tbc)

John merrick’s remains

One moment

and a new goth side project from OJ Havok from Oh My Word and his girlfriend the Czarina of Disguise.

So that's 4/5 acts. If we could find another 4 or 5 it'd be fantastic.

Jared - Have we asked Dyonisis?

Hi Twinkleton. Glad to see you are a regular attender at Mentholman's :thumbsup:

We're more than happy to include EVERY genre of music for gigs at the venue. And as Jared suggested, please do get involved in helping contact other Goth bands. The night you referred to a few years ago was possibly the night that Mentholman Promos put on when we promoted there and was indeed a very good day.

We will be arranging many other alldayers and are happy to hear from anyone interested in playing these or indeed any of our regular gigs.

The charity Alldayers we put on with the Cover Lovers theme - like last Sunday's 'Guilty Pleasures' in aid of The British Red Cross, have a wide appeal theme to try and ensure we raise as much as possible in funds for the cause. And it is true that many of the performers that play these events appear regularly. That's really because they have always massively supported the events and have been willing to do more and it gives them the opportunity to play a gig that's generally all about fun!

Our next Cover Lovers for Charity Alldayer will have the theme of 'songs from musicals' and I'd LOVE a Goth band to be part of that!:D No date set yet but it WILL happen....

Oh and Twinkleton - I've PM'd you about something else:thumbsup:

Yes, I do understand, I was at the Charity do last week and enjoyed it, I was just thinking it would be kinda cool to have a specific event for goth bands. Don't get me wrong I really enjoy the all day events I've been to that you have hosted so far!

X

the main reason why some of our all dayers constantly feature many of the same bands is because generally speaking it is these people and bands who support us, our venue and our charity fundraising the most. We have a very open policy when it comes to new local talent and any bands from our area who want regular gigs here are more than welcome. It's quite easy to become part of our flock if you're in a band. All that's needed is a positive and friendly attitude and a willingness to gig on our stage whenever is mutually appropriate. We welcome people from all backgrounds and bands of all genres. I'd say as a team we have the widest taste in music out of any venue in the region. We hate snobbiness; we're music lovers not music haters afterall :-)

I'd be very interested ina goth all dayer :D Hopefully covering goth/ebm/industrial ?

KIK (from sheffield) are quite dark, a mix of goth and rock. There's also a band called Tenek, which features a member of Mesh who are big on the goth scene, currently looking for gigs. How about contacting Manuskript - are they still about ?

http://www.myspace.com/kikuk

http://www.myspace.com/tenekuk

http://www.myspace.com/manuskriptmusic

I've no idea of your budget or size of venue etc, but those are a few names that spring to mind for now...

Yeah, good plan, might be able to hassle one of the guys in KIK but duno if they'd go for it. They would certainly get the people down though ;)

The Way Of All Flesh might be up for it, and possibly some bands from slightly further afield.. I don't know, after all it was just an idea

X

Archived