Goth All-dayers?!

...So would I...

I regularly went to the CARNIVAL OF SOULS, an event which was on in Derby sometimes only annually in October, but some years it was also in March; the last one was about 15 months ago, at Zanzibar Club in Derby town centre.

Carnival was on a Sunday and ran from about 3pm to 1am, with bands right through the afternoon and night; the problem was, numbers had gradually dropped off over the last 3 years, because both the Spring and October dates clashed with the Whitby Goth Festival.

I would love to see some kind of regular twice-yearly equivalent of Carnival Of Souls right here in Sheffield; maybe we could get some of the bands who did Carnival, such as Voices Of Masada, to do such an event in Sheffield.

I also went to BATFINK when it was on a few times each year at the Hallam Hubs; is that night still going by any chance?

BTW, I'm very much an alternative/Goth DJ and Drag performer; I do a Goth Drag character whenever I visit Ireland in the clubs over there, so I could also do DJ-ing/performance at a Goth alldayer if it gets off the ground...

Hallam Hubs or corporation would be suitable venues for a Goth 'alldayer' if enough of us can get one sorted out...

...So would I...

I regularly went to the CARNIVAL OF SOULS, an event which was on in Derby sometimes only annually in October, but some years it was also in March; the last one was about 15 months ago, at Zanzibar Club in Derby town centre.

Carnival was on a Sunday and ran from about 3pm to 1am, with bands right through the afternoon and night; the problem was, numbers had gradually dropped off over the last 3 years, because both the Spring and October dates clashed with the Whitby Goth Festival.

I would love to see some kind of regular twice-yearly equivalent of Carnival Of Souls right here in Sheffield; maybe we could get some of the bands who did Carnival, such as Voices Of Masada, to do such an event in Sheffield.

I also went to BATFINK when it was on a few times each year at the Hallam Hubs; is that night still going by any chance?

BTW, I'm very much an alternative/Goth DJ and Drag performer; I do a Goth Drag character whenever I visit Ireland in the clubs over there, so I could also do DJ-ing/performance at a Goth alldayer if it gets off the ground...

Hallam Hubs or corporation would be suitable venues for a Goth 'alldayer' if enough of us can get one sorted out...

Where have you played ?

Batfink is on a bit of an extended holiday I'm afraid!

I won't say that it'll never come back but there's such a lack of suitable (and affordable) venues in Sheffield that it's been easier for the DJs from Team Batfink to play in other cities recently.

Batfink is on a bit of an extended holiday I'm afraid!

I won't say that it'll never come back but there's such a lack of suitable (and affordable) venues in Sheffield that it's been easier for the DJs from Team Batfink to play in other cities recently.

I may have an idea about this, will send a pm to you...

oooh had never heard of mentholmans

(well except from yesterday in the natwest in west street)

are you open tonight? may persuade people to pop in

yup, open from 7pm-2am with a live band on from 9.30pm

Archived