Pub on Crookes Valley Park! The Dam House

• 2 weeks later...

We went for food here last Wednesday night and it was very good., between £13 and £17 a main but well worth it. I had the fillet steak in madeira sauce and it just melted. Thought the starters were a bit expensive at £5 to £7 pounds each. There is not a lot of choice maybe 6 starters and 8 mains (poss only 1 veggie) but it was all very good.

Will be lovely in the summer to sit outside, tho is a bit dodgy for getting to atm as lighting to get to it is not good.

Hopefully being a bit more expensive will keep out the students :hihi: we'll see.

Oh yes Xmas day dinner menu is £55. Looked good, especially the vodka cured salmon with horse radish? creme friache. Would love to try that.

• 4 weeks later...

Is it any good

Has anyone had the good fortune to visit the new refurbished resturant.

Me and my husband went about 15 years ago when we first starting courting, God that was a long time ago. We were thinking of going to re-kindle our romance YUK!!!! only joking

And I was wondering if its worth paying a visit, and worth paying for, My husbands treat

Thanks for your time Cheers

Feel free to pm back

• 2 weeks later...
Originally posted by nichola2

Me and my husband went about 15 years ago when we first starting courting,

We held our wedding reception there, on a beautiful July afternoon, 23years ago, very happy memories of it. :) I'm so pleased that it has re-opened and apparently aiming for a similar place in the market too.

Archived