What's Scuba like now?

Gerbutt

I can only tell you what it was like a few years ago - very good music (assuming you like decent House). Crowd was a mixture of folk who were there for the music and quite a few who were just there to drink after last orders & could have been in any club - but overall - a good relxed atmosphere.

Its been weekly for god knows how many years - so they must be doing something right...

Originally posted by sophiec1979

what im after is the usual stuff, atmosphere, attitude of doorstaff, general types of punters, service at the bar, etc etc.

atmosphere is friendly, and doorstaff are usually quite friendly. In terms of punters, it's a fair mix, not too many trendy types. The bar isn't that cheap though.

Originally posted by jsg103

i went to this clkub about 2 weeks ago- it was empty. Was so surprised we stayed til 11.30 and there were propably about 20 there!!! crap.

It tends to fill up about midnight, so not difficulty getting in.

Went on Saturday and had fun.

Was phon-etics hosting the night tho, so probably a little bit different from the usual scuba fare.

On the 16th it's comfortable records, who are talented local producers, probably playing good quality underground house.

Obliged to say though, if you're considering going out on the 16th you should maybe consider this:-

http://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/showthread.php?s=&threadid=46925

please!!!! its only a couple of weeks away and the thought of spending my birthday in stafford in a w***ky small town club just does not appeal!!!

dirtybobby, help me out here and drum up some interest!

sophie (in fear of her birthday plans being a washout- tears)

x

you know it's all about spending your birthday in zanzibastards, innit soph :D

the only nights i go to in sheff tend to be drum n bass soph, so i'm not much help in this department.. TTC BBQ is a good idea, as it's an all day event and will be more attractive to our agoraphobic staffordian compardres.. plus JD may well have some involvement so i might be able to blag guestlist :banana:

what's this scuba vibe like? is it all pink shirts and toni & guy haircuts?

In terms of punters, it's a fair mix, not too many trendy types.

ha ha! not a pink t-shirt or toni and guy haircut in sight i hope bobby (unless its on a bird! lol)

i am NOT going to the chuffing bag for my birthday- im going to be 26 for gods sake- old enough to be a mum to some of the whippersnappers in there! lol

was gonna suggest a bbq at ours on saturday before going out (cheap beer at morrisons just round the corner- well cheaper than town anyhoo)

but...if i can get someone else to arrange food, music and beer for me- hell thats just too easy! plus a bit of guestlist action never goes amiss and my old housemate from uni is djing- ian cracknell.

have emailed this to the agorophobic staffordians but no replies yet- have you heard from them?

back to the point though- scuba anyone?

sophie

x

ps. am feeling the bar thing at ttc more too- student prices, feel the power! the pitfalls of being a graduate, remembering hopw cheap beer used to be before i had to grow up! lol

i am NOT going to the chuffing bag for my birthday- im going to be 26 for gods sake- old enough to be a mum to some of the whippersnappers in there! lol

ps. am feeling the bar thing at ttc more too- student prices, feel the power! the pitfalls of being a graduate, remembering hopw cheap beer used to be before i had to grow up! lol

You'd have thought you were turning 46 not 26!!

Archived