Def Leppard Question.....again.

Thanks to you all for answering me about steve clark's gravesite and such. I surely do appreciate it. I have another question. Can you please tell me if there is such a place called the Def Leppard Museum in Sheffield? I am planning a trip over there in the next few weeks and wanted to know. Thanks again for any help. :thumbsup:

No, there's no Def Leppard museum in Sheffield. In fact most of us are a bit embarrassed about such a terrible band being associated with our city. Mention Def Leppard in Sheffield and most people will try to pretend they're from Leeds. :hihi:

No, there's no Def Leppard museum in Sheffield. In fact most of us are a bit embarrassed about such a terrible band being associated with our city. Mention Def Leppard in Sheffield and most people will try to pretend they're from Leeds. :hihi:

Def Leppard are the best thing to come out of sheffield

I love Def Leppard, fantastic band, their gig at the Arena last year was amazing and sold out so I don't see how people are embarrassed about them...

I've just remembered im seeing them again in 11 days!!

I presume the original poster is planing a trip to Sheffield due to Def lepaprd - so I suppose it might be useful if anyone can suggest any Def Leppard related places to visit.. though most venues they may have played over 30 years ago will be shut, or made over or office blocks (the limit). The Casbah used to be the Wapentake where they've played - but you'll need someone older than me to tell you the Sheffield live music circuit in the late 70s!

Def Leppard used to rehearse/record at stag works which still has lots of rehearsal rooms and studio's....were talking very early def leppard here...when they first started out.

Pete Willis the original guitarist is still around, a mate saw him at a gig not too long ago.

Worth taking a trip to The boardwalk which no doubt hosted the odd def leppard gig, but was prob known as the mucky duck back then.

Archived