Def Leppard Question.....again.

Great Band and one to be proud of. Wish I'd seen them when I was in Vegas. Rick Savage sometimes drinks in my local. No one bothers him and he seems a very down to earth bloke. Did they not all go to that school near Cross Pool? Forget the name. I think they have a plaque in Barkers Pool but that's about all.

I love Def Leppard, fantastic band, their gig at the Arena last year was amazing and sold out so I don't see how people are embarrassed about them...

I've just remembered im seeing them again in 11 days!!

first time i saw them live it was back in the gooood old days of the Wapentake.

Actually i am going to london but plan on visiting sheffied too. so its not entirely leppard related. i love def leppard. and to all the fans here, you rock!! i met leppard a few years ago and they were all very friendly and laid back.

thanks for answering back so quickly and so eagerly.

No, there's no Def Leppard museum in Sheffield. In fact most of us are a bit embarrassed about such a terrible band being associated with our city. Mention Def Leppard in Sheffield and most people will try to pretend they're from Leeds. :hihi:

i think you're speaking for yourself there mate. i like def leppard and although i'm from rotherham i think it's great that they started up just down the road

I'd love to meet him, but i'm shy, dunno if i could......

I met them when i was about 16, on the Hysteria tour. I was terrified and it's all a blur now !! Would love to meet them again, 20+ years down the line :)

he he! i wonder if verona's local is in sheff?

but you'll need someone older than me to tell you the Sheffield live music circuit in the late 70s!

I seem to remember them being regulars at the Broadfield. I helped humped their gear at a City Hall gig, Magnum supported them & I thought they were much better. Joe Elliot was late for the sound check cos he'd been for a round of golf! Rock & roll eh?

Archived