Anyone want to learn to fly a Microlight?

This Sat fly in...........

My instructor does short 20 min trial flights on the day at (I think??? £25):) (for the charitable cause),,,,just right for a quik spin.

He also does birthday etc 30min and 1 hour pleasure flights year round.

Tom are you doing flex or fixed wing??

Signing off for the weekend.....see you there:hihi::thumbsup::banana:

How was the fly in Paul?

I'm doing flex wing. Had a go in a fixed wing but I'm hooked on flex now. I've been up tonight actually and did some navigation work. The instuctor guided me through it for half an hour and then just said "right, you take us home". Needless to say i missed the airfield by 5 miles

• 1 month later...
I've been learning to fly microlights for a few months now and have fallen in love with it. It's the closest you will ever get to flying like a bird and it's definitely the most exhilarating form of powered flight. The flying school is located near Ilkeston (near Derby) as it's the closest school that has an instructor that I really trust and admire.

The problem I now have is that I broke my leg in a rock climbing accident 3 weeks ago and I've got a frame on which prevents me from driving (but not flying!).

I'm looking for someone who's willing to give it a go and (ahem) give me a lift down at the same time. To sweeten the deal I'd be willing to pay all of the fuel costs there and back (about £9) and also put £10 towards your first 4 hours, so that would mean you could learn to fly for £64 per hour....definitely the cheapest way to learn powered flight!

I mainly want to do it on weekends and evenings as the summer nights are getting longer. We'd have to wait for each other to complete our flights, but this time could be used to learn the theory side and chat with some of the other pilots.

Who knows, if we both get our pilots licences we could co-own our own microlight and hangar it at an airfield somewhere near sheffield (I think I'm getting ahead of myself!)

Surely this will appeal to someone!

Tom

Hi Paul

I have just signed up and am realy keen to learn how to fly. Would it be posible to come along some time and learn all about it. I live in Sheffield and have most evenings and weekends free. Hows the leg?

Nic

I had lessons with Steve Heward at Rufforth - near York - Airfield many years ago.

He was excellent - patience of Job, plenty of flying hours under his belt, and a really nice guy too.

Maybe still there, I don't know.....lost contact with him some time ago, but there's a club house/gliding centre there, so maybe they'll know of his whereabouts.

My claim to fame was flying to Newtownards and back, one Spring Bank weekend.....

Regretfully other matters took over - apart from the cost! - and I've not taken to the air in a flexwing since.....still miss the adrenelin rush though!

• 9 months later...

If anyones interested, I have just sold a Skyranger microlight (fixed wing) and am looking to replace it. I would prefer someone to possibly go 'halves'. I still have the possibility of hangarage at Coal Aston so if you're interested give me a pm.

Ade

ps I started on flexys so am licenced to fly both.

• 6 months later...
I've been learning to fly microlights for a few months now and have fallen in love with it. It's the closest you will ever get to flying like a bird and it's definitely the most exhilarating form of powered flight. The flying school is located near Ilkeston (near Derby) as it's the closest school that has an instructor that I really trust and admire.

The problem I now have is that I broke my leg in a rock climbing accident 3 weeks ago and I've got a frame on which prevents me from driving (but not flying!).

I'm looking for someone who's willing to give it a go and (ahem) give me a lift down at the same time. To sweeten the deal I'd be willing to pay all of the fuel costs there and back (about £9) and also put £10 towards your first 4 hours, so that would mean you could learn to fly for £64 per hour....definitely the cheapest way to learn powered flight!

I mainly want to do it on weekends and evenings as the summer nights are getting longer. We'd have to wait for each other to complete our flights, but this time could be used to learn the theory side and chat with some of the other pilots.

Who knows, if we both get our pilots licences we could co-own our own microlight and hangar it at an airfield somewhere near sheffield (I think I'm getting ahead of myself!)

Surely this will appeal to someone!

Tom

Hi TOM,

i that was my dream to fly microlight.............i love all adventure hobbies, could u pm me more about the detail?

• 1 year later...

Hello guys.. Just registered here and found this thread.

Just curious what microlight looks exactly and how hard it is to fly the thing.

I was looking for ebooks and tutorials too about how to make this year the best year for my flying career but found none. I want to start with smaller planes. :)

At least if i crash, it'll be sure i'll live. :)

Archived