Who is more powerful: The Queen or the Prime Minister?

Who holds the most power in Great Britain?  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Who holds the most power in Great Britain?

• The Prime Minister
    • The Queen of Great Britain

I dont believe that the queen and the british monarchy are as powerless as people think. What powers we see are just on the surface. The monarchy is very old and will have no doubt gained enormous influence around the globe in ways of which we know very little. No entity can survive so long with so little control. My belief is that the monarchy extremely powerfull and have gone far beyond the need of the day to day power in which people make their comparisons and work on a much higher longterm level... the power they actually have terrifying.

One small example is the presence of at least on royal member to repriset the queen the bilderberg meetings which are conducted in secrecy yearly, only the richest and most powerfully influential people on earth attend these meetings. Look up' look up the british monarchy and the new world order. Thats if you havent already.

The Queen doesn't hold any real power at all, she's a figurehead.

The Queen and Prince Charles can veto any or all news laws passed by parliament and have done so.

In one instance the Queen completely vetoed the Military Actions Against Iraq Bill in 1999, a private member's bill that sought to transfer the power to authorise military strikes against Iraq from the monarch to parliament.

The Queen and Prince Charles can veto any or all news laws passed by parliament and have done so.

In one instance the Queen completely vetoed the Military Actions Against Iraq Bill in 1999, a private member's bill that sought to transfer the power to authorise military strikes against Iraq from the monarch to parliament.

The Queen acted upon the will of the then Labour Government and refused to grant her consent for the Bill to be debated. Like Cyclone has said, she is a figurehead.

The Queen acted upon the will of the then Labour Government and refused to grant her consent for the Bill to be debated. Like Cyclone has said, she is a figurehead.

She has the power to go against the governments wishes but chooses not to wield that power.

It's going to be very interesting to read Prince Charles' scribblings to various government ministers in the near future.

As for power, I don't think either the Queen or PM have it. As someone said, it's probably big business and Corporations. But if I had to chose, it would be the Queen, along with the Rothschilds, Rockerfellas, and the other super rich.

Money rules. Always has, always will.

I can believe that is true, however' i do not believe that the monarchys power ends there. They are human after all, very very rich ones, they own one sixth of the worlds land surface. Not rule, or reign over but own, if you had such wealth would u regard yourself as just a figurehead. Its in all our nature to resist constraint and break out, lie, cheat, kill if we must. I cant see them being any different. There power we do not no, true power is hidden.