Lawyers are not all bad

Tell me then, in a world without legal services/lawyers, what would happen to those people who have:

a) been diagnosed with mesothelioma?

b) suffered severe brain injury?

c) been a victim of medical malpractice or negligence?

d) suffered injury at work due to poor health and safety or training?

I understand what you are saying but,don't forget there are Lawyers fighting against people claims.

Not mentioning names but in Sheff there is a very well known company who defend the NHS against peoples claims.

I understand what you are saying but,don't forget there are Lawyers fighting against people claims.

Not mentioning names but in Sheff there is a very well known company who defend the NHS against peoples claims.

are you saying that the NHS should not be allowed to defend itself against claims?

Do you believe that people employed as handyman need training to use a stepladder?

No and that probably wouldn't be a successful claim as far as injury caused by inadequate training. But if the stepladder was faulty, and the employee is injured as a result, that would typically be a successful claim from what I've seen.

Employers have responsibilities and duties to the people whose labour creates their future capital. If they can't face that responsibility, they're not fit to employ people. In my opinion.

I know a couple of lawyers, and couldn't agree less with you. They both have the morals of a shark; one completely screwed up a house purchase she'd agree to assist with on my behalf, the other seems to slag off her clients relentlessly and sleeps with married men. Lovely people, neither of them.

.........But if the stepladder was faulty, and the employee is injured as a result, that would typically be a successful claim from what I've seen.

There you go.

If you are daft enough to use a faulty stepladder, you don't deserve to be employed.

Yet you and your employers would look to make money out of the situation.

I know a couple of lawyers, and couldn't agree less with you. They both have the morals of a shark; one completely screwed up a house purchase she'd agree to assist with on my behalf, the other seems to slag off her clients relentlessly and sleeps with married men. Lovely people, neither of them.

You sure you aint getting confused with that 90s programme 'This Life'? Assuming you can remember it!

Never heard of it! If it's about a pair of people who you wouldn't urinate on if they were on fire then perhaps I am...

Must be before your time mate, jesus I'm getting old! Judging by some plots from the show, shagging whilst off their face on E, they'd probs enjoy being urinated on. Ruthless lawyers and barristers!

Archived