Wetherspoons at Manor Top?

sparky2

He was a couple of weeks ago...he aint happy that the travellers rest has been turned into a shop :hihi:

Tis a shame. Has he still got his dog , haven't seen him in a while, heard he doesen't frequent the ball much anymore, an all.

I have mixed feelings about this. On the one hand I would welcome the re-opening and refurbishment of a long closed and rather seedly pub, and I have no problem with Witherspoons - it's just that I would be worried about who the clientele would be. If the pub emphasises real ale and meals and deals firmly with with potential or actual troublemakers, especially all day drinkers, it might be OK.

All day drinkers will be propping the pub up....

Won't they be trying to target the social club customers for the most of time...

Troggy lives on Dagnam Road (back of manor top) across from mi mams, he usually stops in now as just gets abuse from the local youths 14 on to 1 (its good odds if you can get it) and was recently charged for giving 1 a slap as he'd had enough.

Obviously the PC brigade got their way and troggy got charged but it was dropped when all the neighbours gave statements to defend him. and the social workers then gave the infamous speach about how the youth "was a mis-led and un-guided poor lost soul in the depths of this world" etc etc etc.

the poor mis-guided little S*** is now in a youth offenders home for TWOC and theft.

Bit of summary justice would have been better from troggy.

Troggy lives on Dagnam Road (back of manor top) across from mi mams, he usually stops in now as just gets abuse from the local youths 14 on to 1 (its good odds if you can get it) and was recently charged for giving 1 a slap as he'd had enough.

Obviously the PC brigade got their way and troggy got charged but it was dropped when all the neighbours gave statements to defend him. and the social workers then gave the infamous speach about how the youth "was a mis-led and un-guided poor lost soul in the depths of this world" etc etc etc.

the poor mis-guided little S*** is now in a youth offenders home for TWOC and theft.

Bit of summary justice would have been better from troggy.

I remember that, in fact I posted the link to the story in the star on here (front page as well)

Just heard that the old Elm Tree pub at Manor Top is going to be a wetherspoons, wonder if anyone else has heard the same. I think it would be good for the area.

Just spoke to my mate who lives on the Arbourthone , he says he loves Wetherspoons but the idea of one at the Manor Top is not good as many post have said because of the people it will attract

I thought Wetherspoons were opening a new pub on the site of the old Wards Brewery anyway ??????

Archived