Privatisation, NHS and food

Having work done by private companies almost always works out cheaper than having it done by public bodies, even though the private company will be taking out a profit margin.
That's tripe. When the catering at a local hospital went private, the quality went right down and the prices went right up! They can't even provide clean cutlery for pity's sake, unless you call plastic forks that snap stabbing a pea 'cutlery'! :hihi:

from what i hear from other people it wouldnt be the best idea even if it is cheaper.

but sadly some people are happy to compromise on quality if it saves a couple a quid.

i work in catering and some of the companys ive worked for have had such small budgets for the kitchen to buy stock with but yet they are happy to spend a 11000 quid on 11 lampshades.

from what i hear from other people it wouldnt be the best idea even if it is cheaper.

but sadly some people are happy to compromise on quality if it saves a couple a quid.

i work in catering and some of the companys ive worked for have had such small budgets for the kitchen to buy stock with but yet they are happy to spend a 11000 quid on 11 lampshades.

11 lampshades??

Are you sure it wasn't 11 Lambshanks. yum,yum.:D

So...we could say that the NHS could do catering better than private?

And what will happen if in fact having a contractor is actually not the cheaper option?

The current standard of food within the NHS in Sheffield is appalling - I am embarrassed on a daily basis to have to serve the meals on offer at the NGH.

Archived