fish tank!

I've just read through most of the threads about the fish tank that was in the hole in the road and was woundering if anyone could remember what objects were in the tank...i think i remember a deep sea diver and a treasure chest. Am i right........i need this info for a project about the HITR.

Gilli

The man who was responsible for the upkeep fish tank in the Hole in the Road lived somewhere off Stannington Road below the Anvil pub.

His name was John but I cannot remember his surname. He ran an aquarium business supplying offices and buildings with fish tanks and fish and serviced them.

Maybe some Forummer knows of him and then you can get all the information you want about the tank.

I hope this helps you. Good Luck with your project. PopT

the tank was completely bonkers anyhow because the public window to it looked through a big magnifying glass which made all the fish look bigger, and if I am honest, a little bit psychodelic.

I am of the opinion that this is the reason why stupid people though the fish were magical. Most of the population remember the hole in the road as a disgusting putrid stinking pit. It was truly awful.

Aww I remember it fondly! used to walk through every morning on the way to school and see subway charlie, just by the drinks machine at the spital hill entrance and at night when we were older and went to town, we all used to meet outside the fishtank, no mobiles then, we just had to turn up at said time or place!

Gilli

The man who was responsible for the upkeep fish tank in the Hole in the Road lived somewhere off Stannington Road below the Anvil pub.

His name was John but I cannot remember his surname. He ran an aquarium business supplying offices and buildings with fish tanks and fish and serviced them.

Maybe some Forummer knows of him and then you can get all the information you want about the tank.

I hope this helps you. Good Luck with your project. PopT

I think his name was John Cruise, he used to run International Aquatics.

Archived