Comedy classics of the 1960's on tv

Hi everybody. can anybody remember the original beverly hillbillies what was on in the 1960's I can remember some of the names like jed clampet,ma clampet and werent there one called jethro they ohters I cant remember there was the daughter cant seem to think what she was called.

bewitched was another

the munsters

the original addams family

ho I wish I wasnt so old then I could remember more of them my brain cells are dead

what year was the hey up its the dustbin men comedy program on

help somebody to jog my memory.

The Dustbin Men 1968

The Dustbinmen started out as a play, screened a year before the first series and written for a seven-week run of single dramas broadcast by Granada under the generic title The System. Jack Rosenthal drew his characters from real-life refuse-collectors he had met while out and about conducting research, and he set his play in the Lancashire coastal town of Fylde, near Blackpool. The foul-mouthed, beret-wearing Cheese and Egg - so nicknamed because CE were his initials, and also, incongruously, those of the Church of England - was the foreman and acknowledged 'leader of the gang', respected by the others for his brains. Joining him a la cart were Heavy Breathing (so named because he believed he had a way with women), Eric (a dim-wit), Smellie (so named because he stank) and Winston (an ardent Manchester City supporter). They could barely stand the sight (or smell) of each other but their common enemy was the Corporation Cleansing Department, and in particular its new inspector, whom they nicknamed Bloody Delilah. (In the pilot this part was played by Frank Windsor; in the first series it was another Z Cars star, John Woodvine.) Driving around in their dustcart, which they named Thunderbird 3, the collectors flouted every rule, shirked work whenever possible, and discussed (usually disparagingly) local residents by their address or some other recognisable feature, hence 'Mrs 23 Valetta Street', 'Mrs 14b Kimberley Terrace', 'Mrs 24 The Alley' or 'Mrs Manchester United'.

Winston was Gerry Booth in Coronation Street.

If you ask jeeves the dustbin men then a bbc archive comes up,I do remember most of them & Tony Hancock,Morcambe & Wise, Etc.I enjoyed the dustbinman Winston Man City Supporter (Gerry Booth) his saying was pigging this & pigging that Summerbee is a God.There were some great programs back then & we had less channels ,we have over 100 channels & it's full of rubbish,best to remenice about the good old comedies.Cheers

Old mother riley was great,I used to like going to the Heeley pic palace to see the films & the Man From Uncle was my favourite show,an old friend from the USA who used to come & visit relatives on Forster Road, he was called Jan Pollecki from Boston got me autographs of David McCullum.I thought I was so special & Billy Bunter was funny as well can still see him in my mind today.

• 2 weeks later...

I really loved "Do Not Adjust Your Set"

It was a precursor to Python, aimed specifically at kids, and also starred David Jason.

Each week there was a musical set from the Bonzos, and I can still conjure up an image of Neil Innes singing "Equestrian Statue".

Archived