Comedy classics of the 1960's on tv

Beggar my neighbour

My favourite martian

Just jimmy

Just William(original with dennis waterman)

Get smart

My fav detective shows were

Scotland yard

Edgar wallace mysteries

Zcars

No hiding place

Callan

There's a good site called TV Cream, that includes descriptions of nearly every programme ever shown on British TV as well as (in some cases) cast lists, theme tunes and movie clips. I've just downloaded the theme to Jamie and the Magic Torch!

The people behind the TV Cream website (who are very witty indeed in my humble opinion) have just published a book. Not seen it yet - it only came out this week I think - but if it's up to their usual standards it should be quality rather than the usual rip-off bandwagon nostalgia sh*te you see around.

• 2 years later...

what about the talkin horse [mr edd and it's owner Willbur]

fireball xl 5 and zooney saying"WELCOME HOOOOMMME"

THE TROLOMBURG TERROR where a mist came down from the mountains and only left your clothes.kinky but scared me ****less when I was six.quatermass/sea hunt with Loyd Bridges/oh the fun and all in black and white.

I agree with a previous post re 'Open All Hours'. Brilliant that. Living with a houseful of 20 somethings in 1968 in Plymouth, we all used to sit round and guffaw at 'The Magic Roundabout'. How puerile. 'Boing!' said Zebedee. 'Be quiet' said Brian.

Archived