Parking on Outskirts of London

We always park at East Finchley station; there always seems to be plenty of space and it doesn't take long into the centre of London. If you go further out to Finchley Central, you'll end up being in zone 4 (for the tube).

I'm not sure if you can park there overnight though (if that's what you were wanting to do).

I did this recently - went to Stanmore just off the M1 (v easy to find). Nice big car park (£1 parking at weekends). Regular tubes into London. I think it was £3ish each way (I bought an oyster card cos it worked out cheaper).

Top tip - don't go when the football is on !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Daftlad, you ever been to london?? i was brought up there, its not a sh*thole for a visit! lots to see and do!

finchley would best i think, elstree not the best train wise and on a fri night will be a nightmare with the big brother lot using trains.

I did this recently - went to Stanmore just off the M1 (v easy to find). Nice big car park (£1 parking at weekends). Regular tubes into London. I think it was £3ish each way (I bought an oyster card cos it worked out cheaper).

Top tip - don't go when the football is on !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yep Stanmore is usually the one I use too. Really good value if you leave your car for the weekend, and tube to central London leaves regularly. It's easy to find too (just do a search on google).

Have not been for a while but used to park up at the Brent Cross Shopping centre and get bus from there to Oxford St, parking was free, just lock it up and leave it. There is also a tube station about 5 minutes walk away at Hendon.

Might be worth considering :thumbsup:

Archived