Hen and Chickens - wednesday teatime karaoke

According to the forum rules about posting, there is no rule that says one cannot 'self promote'. I guess its ok as long as each post adds something to the thread contents and is not mere repetition. I think any thread that starts as a self promotion that engages healthy discussion and exchange of opinion among members is a very valuable asset to the forum contents.

when the posts are "lies" from peoples "experiences", it creates a false impression of what a place is actually like, and is unfair on readers.

This forum needs to be moderated better. The amount of self-promotion that goes on is cringeworthy and not a reflection of a places true state, which concerns me the most.

Should you find a post which you believe is not in-line with the forum rules then please hit the report button. It clearly states at the bottom of the page that the forum is not actively monitored. It is impossible for us to read every single post made but reports will be dealt with appropriately.

Thanks.

when the posts are "lies" from peoples "experiences", it creates a false impression of what a place is actually like, and is unfair on readers.

I don't understand that...why should peoples experiences be construed as 'lies' as you put it? And remember, any opinion from ANYONE has to be based on experience from some source.....direct experience is the best way, so a comment from someone with such direct experience is probably the most exact guide you can have, rather than word of mouth from someone else passed around, etc.

I don't understand that...why should peoples experiences be construed as 'lies' as you put it? And remember, any opinion from ANYONE has to be based on experience from some source.....direct experience is the best way, so a comment from someone with such direct experience is probably the most exact guide you can have, rather than word of mouth from someone else passed around, etc.

call me a sceptic but you really cant see it?

ok, ive just opened a restaurant and 5 people suddenly start posting saying its amazing and the food is great. someone on here visits and discovers its actually awful and the posts have obviously had something to do with those running/working at the restaurant. you don't see anything wrong with that?

call me a sceptic but you really cant see it?

ok, ive just opened a restaurant and 5 people suddenly start posting saying its amazing and the food is great. someone on here visits and discovers its actually awful and the posts have obviously had something to do with those running/working at the restaurant. you don't see anything wrong with that?

Just what IS your problem,is it because you cant get in cus you aint old enough or do you just like to be a idiot?grow up and find a pub that caters for children like you.

Archived