Rivelin Park Cafe - Pudding Ladies

Anyone been here recently? I went this week, having been a few times in the past, and I have to say that the food was very disappointing. The chicken I had in a salad looked and tasted like that bought-in pre-cut pre-cooked rubbish. Previously I've had it it was far was more fresh, like it was cooked fresh.

The meal portions are smaller, the cake we had seemed dry and bought-in, and the place itself is becoming a bit run-down. Really grotty broken cheap plastic tables outside, paint peeling off the place. If you buy cheap, you look cheap.

We won't be going there again. Shame too, as its in a great spot, and used to be really good.

Went here once after reading some fulsome tribute in the Telegraph (ie an advert posing as journalism). I had a piece of cake which was the worst I've ever had. It was rock hard and inedible. Never been since. Garbage.

I dont think its the right right place for it. It is a very busy park in the summer used by lots of children. The cafe is not very child friendly and is very expensive for a park cafe. It is always packed because it takes a long time to get served. The two dont go together. If you want to go for a nice coffee and a cake you dont want to be surrounded by kids queing for an ice cream. Fair enough you dont want a cafe that serves nothing but crap either but I dont think this is the right type of cafe for the park.

I dont think its the right right place for it. It is a very busy park in the summer used by lots of children. The cafe is not very child friendly and is very expensive for a park cafe. It is always packed because it takes a long time to get served. The two dont go together. If you want to go for a nice coffee and a cake you dont want to be surrounded by kids queing for an ice cream. Fair enough you dont want a cafe that serves nothing but crap either but I dont think this is the right type of cafe for the park.

So what you're saying is, it would be preferable if it was located where there were no customers, except yourself of course?

The service is very very slow there its true. I popped down there recently and waited about 14 minutes, and only 3 people in front of me!!! They just amble about and are never rushing to serve you....

tea and coffee was OK, can't comment on the food.

So what you're saying is, it would be preferable if it was located where there were no customers, except yourself of course?

No I would prefer it if it were somewhere more suitable for the clientèle they are targeting. It is a park that is very busy with children and even busier when the paddling pools are open. Therefore the customers are parents with children wanting food and ice creams around the pool. If you have more then one or two kids with you its too expensive.

Archived