Car insurance

i lookign to renew my insurance on 13th n i been offered by admiral £1136 this year which is good as last year i paid £2436 but i wondered if anyone knew any better places...

i'm 29 with a porsche boxster s 3.2 n with 3 yr no claims..

any ideas

get on money supermarket .com or one of the other services like that.

Buy a Porsche mag and look in there, should be available at WHSmiths or similar....or find a Porsche forum and have a look around.

Just watching 'Road Wars' and it seems it's cheaper to have no insurance at all. Bloke just got stopped and lied to police about having insurance but turned out he hadn't ..... and the forfeit for this law breaking and perverting the course of justice? ....... six points on licence and £200 fine. Damn sight cheaper than being legal and paying out £2000 like a lot of folks are doing, eh!!!!!:loopy:

• 1 year later...
i lookign to renew my insurance on 13th n i been offered by admiral £1136 this year which is good as last year i paid £2436 but i wondered if anyone knew any better places...

any ideas

Try hastingsdirect dot com

any ideas

Compare the market.

confused.com.

Direct Line and some other insurers are not listed on comparison sites.

6 points and a fine are the least of your worries if the car is stolen or written off while uninsured.

To clarify my point.

The bloke in question was better off paying the fine of £200 in this instance than forking out £2000+ like 'scottwoodbur' did. Having the car nicked or smashed up never came into consideration. It was the financial saving I was comparing.

I wasn't advocating anyone should drive uninsured, I was in fact pointing out the stupidity of a system that fines the uninsured driver only 10% of what the legal driver pays out.

A fairer solution would be for the courts to obtain a quote based on the individual's circumstances and fine him/her double this amount. Same with 'no road fund licence'. Double what the charge would be if they'd bothered to buy one.

To clarify my point.

The bloke in question was better off paying the fine of £200 in this instance than forking out £2000+ like 'scottwoodbur' did. Having the car nicked or smashed up never came into consideration. It was the financial saving I was comparing.

But he has not made one. He's paid a £200 fine, has six points, and still has to buy car insurance, which will now be even more expensive than it was before. Failing that, next time he's caught he will lose his licence at the very least.

Depending on how long he's been driving uninsured then he's made a saving over that period. If this individual were 'scottwoodbur' for instance, and he'd been driving for six month, then he'd have saved about £800 having only having to fork out £200 for getting caught.

Archived