The Bradway

jemson

;)i think that too much is being highlighted about the pub's past reputation, yes it was once a bit of a trouble house but then again how many pubs can honestly say that they have no incidents. you do have to give everyone a chance and if they **** it up well that's just their fault isn't it.

personally i wouldn't want to be a manager or tenant these days as you only have to say the wrong thing and you are in trouble, a friend of mine barred two people from her pub and she had it wrecked for her trouble!!. is it all worth it? makes me wonder why people still go into this trade when there are so many idiots that given the chance will spoil it for the rest of us, such as in the earlier comment about pool tables and karaoke, shame isn't it that folks can't hold their drink and behave in a respectable way and still enjoy themselves.

still good luck to you wasn't being personal on other posts, but i do think you should stay alert to the troublemongers, especially with you not being from the area.

all the best

seen an old friend in morrisons today, she says that there is now a hot air blower in there now,thought that went out in the 60/70's, pity the prices of the beer doesn't reflect the retro heating !! what's happened to the gas, feel sorry for you bradwaysal with the idiotic ideas of the holding company you work for as you are taking the blame from the customers and the people on this site who just want to have a go without knowing the full story.

seen an old friend in morrisons today, she says that there is now a hot air blower in there now,thought that went out in the 60/70's, pity the prices of the beer doesn't reflect the retro heating !! what's happened to the gas, feel sorry for you bradwaysal with the idiotic ideas of the holding company you work for as you are taking the blame from the customers and the people on this site who just want to have a go without knowing the full story.

yes that is the main problem we are working ard to pick pub back up and the heating situation does look very poor on us as we have to keep explaining and making excuse we just hopoe heaing is back on properley for monday as promised fingers crossed and thankyou

ha thanks fa that at least some people are supporting us carnt understand the big isue with low edges so far so good hope they dont let us down but people should nt judge a few people by an whole area and so far touch wood all the customers have been well behaved and no problems wot are we supposed to do put a sign on the door saying low edges not welcome lol

If you do put a sign up can you post a copy of it on here?

looks like we've finally got some heating on at last and there's no longer fumes from the heaters, does anyone know what's happening to the place. are we going to end up with an indian restaurant opening there, mind you on saying that could do with a decent indian local.

looks like we've finally got some heating on at last and there's no longer fumes from the heaters, does anyone know what's happening to the place. are we going to end up with an indian restaurant opening there, mind you on saying that could do with a decent indian local.

Its the Thai restaurants opening within pubs, thats an indication of the pub being on its arse and one step away from closing down.

Why do people pull others opportunities down.Instead of wishing them luck , it's all about what it used to be etc.I've D'j'd in lots of places that used to have a bad rep,but the nights are enjoyable.It's about the now not then.Good luck to you keep it well.

Most ,if not all pubs that are coming to an end normally cut back on everything (heating bills,stock,electric etc).Why would they want huge bills when lease is running out or whatever.I'm sure the new landlord/landlady's would rectify when reopening.

don't know you but have you got a clue what you aer talking about, have you ever worked for a brewery or a holding company?? if not you have no idea of the **** that faces you when you take one of these failing pubs on. it's nothing to do with how it used to be times move on sure but unfortunately the pub trade doesn't move with it and as for the new landlord/landlady who's that !! someone that's gonna move in after the couple in now have worked to get it back up and running just to be moved on to another to do exactly the same again. enterprise are con merchants as are all the others...

all tthe big pubs that have been turned into restaurants all seem to be paying off, no one seems to be interested in a local any more like it used to be, so yeah the past does hold good info pity it can't follow through to now

don't know you but have you got a clue what you aer talking about, have you ever worked for a brewery or a holding company?? if not you have no idea of the **** that faces you when you take one of these failing pubs on. it's nothing to do with how it used to be times move on sure but unfortunately the pub trade doesn't move with it and as for the new landlord/landlady who's that !! someone that's gonna move in after the couple in now have worked to get it back up and running just to be moved on to another to do exactly the same again. enterprise are con merchants as are all the others...

I was backing you.I mean't whoever takes the pub on have a hard task when following others for whatever reason.

I agree with you about local pubs.The Frecheville was my local.We need more local pubs for the communities.I was not having a dig.(i was NOT refering to whoever has taken the pub on as landlord/landlady.Sorry if i got title wrong.My mistake.

When i wrote it was not aimed at THEIR ,or your efforts.It was to people knocking it.GOOD LUCK TO THE PEOPLE IN THE BRADWAY BY THE WAY...

Archived