All things Euro Election results thread.

Just confirmed that Nick Griffin has been elected to the European Parliament. This is the biggest disgrace ever known in this country.

why ? he has been elected by the voting public in an election .

he is the leader of a legal political party .

ok ,he`s not everyones choice as a candidate to vote for ,but the fact is the general public have voted him in ,all within the election process we have in this country.

Just confirmed that Nick Griffin has been elected to the European Parliament. This is the biggest disgrace ever known in this country.

The biggest disgrace ever known in this country is the mis use of tax payers money

by Labour party MP's.

Interesting that Labour polled higher than the Lib Dems here.

Interesting indeed.

To be fair I think Labour was better for Sheffield than the Lib dems are now. but with Labour about to lose power Sheffield needs to side accordingly.

A poor vote overall for the Greens. Traditionally they have been recipients of a protest vote when the public has turned against the major parties but I reckon people are more likely to vote Green when they are enjoying a measure of prosperity and stability, rather than during an economic downturn.

The good news is that the actual number of BNP votes fell - unfortunately so did the number of votes for the major parties and its for this reason that the facists were able get their seats.

I believe we should introduce compulsory voting for all adults - as they do in Australia and Belgium.

The sad fact is that many people think it is acceptable not to participate in elections, or see not voting as an effective protest. It isn't, and it simply allows extremists like to BNP to gain a foothold.

I believe we should introduce compulsory voting for all adults - as they do in Australia and Belgium.

The sad fact is that many people think it is acceptable not to participate in elections, or see not voting as an effective protest. It isn't, and it simply allows extremists like to BNP to gain a foothold.

If we go with PR as the Lib Dems would have us do then we must make voting compulsory. Anything else would just allow parties like the BNP to get real power.

Hopefully there'll be a number of people who didn't vote who are waking up this morning and feeling shame about what they have done.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

Archived