All things Euro Election results thread.

Perhaps it's good BNP got in...as tab1 has said elsewhere, their policies will be really put in the spotlight and perhaps people will see them for what they really are and next time vote to keep them out.

The number of people who voted for the BNP was less this time than last time. The only reason they got an MEP is because 100,000 Labour voters didn't bother to vote.

grrrrr......wait till i tell my mate!! he's never gonna hear the end of this!!

bloody fool decided not to vote as a protest

Perhaps it's good BNP got in...as tab1 has said elsewhere, their policies will be really put in the spotlight and perhaps people will see them for what they really are and next time vote to keep them out.

perhaps....fanfa

but then there are a lot of poorly educated morons out there who will just follow the bright lights....

One MEP can do bugger all without being able to operate in groups within Brussels. Nobody in Brussels will want to work with him, so he's going to be billy no mates over there. Great revolution. Nothing will change. Live with it.

Very well put Localman.

You oviously dont know about the other right wing nationalist parties that are very close to the BNP,do I need to name them for you.:thumbsup:

Some of us on S.F. [ and even long before Sheffield Forum was even born ! ] have been predicting something very much like the European election results would come about, before very long. How deep, and how long, the swing away from the mainstream parties will be, is anybody 's guess-----but it was almost certain to happen.

Over the last 20 or 30 years I 'm sure there 's been a great resentment, bubbling away, just under the surface of British society. People are getting more sick and tired of having always to be careful what they say. They are fed up to the back teeth of the endless controls and regulations weighing them down, whilst criminal scum, terrorists [and would-be terrorists] and our greedy rulers swan around as though they own the place. And guess who 's been paying for it all ? The bubble is beginning to burst and the only surprise is that it has come as a surprise [ " Oh dear, those nasty BNP have won a seat ! " ] to our many ostriches, both in and outside of S. F. !

grrrrr......wait till i tell my mate!! he's never gonna hear the end of this!!

bloody fool decided not to vote as a protest

It's not so much 'democracy in action' as 'democracy inaction'. ;)

It's also not a great advertisement for changing our political system to Proportional Representation as many people say we should.

Perhaps it's not the rise of Fascism, more the rise of apathy?

If you did not vote last week, you should be ashamed.

Exactly. Mind you I was far less enthusiastic about this election and was tempted not to vote. I decided who to vote for much later a few hours before I did. I even went to the polling station in the evening - much later in the day than I normally do.

You oviously dont know about the other right wing nationalist parties that are very close to the BNP,do I need to name them for you.:thumbsup:

Please do, joshtetley.

Archived