Fishing at Wire Mill Dam

Hi,

Not been for about 5 years and believe it's now on day ticket?

Any regulars out there who go? Is it fishing well? I used to catch crucians all day on bread and pellet.....is that still the best bait to use?

All help would:) be much appreciated! :)

i used to go all the time before the guy took it over. to be honest i think he has ruined it. i think it seems to fish allot differently now. I used to catch allot of crucian's and tench but now it seems to be more roach and skimmers. so i havn't been back in a while.

• 10 months later...

Grand children went with a 3 mtr whip the other day they caught 3 roach on bread bailiff charged them £3 to fish a bit steep they are only six and seven they enjoyed it but its not realy encouraging the youngsters i know everybody has got to earn a living but they only stayed an hour

Grand children went with a 3 mtr whip the other day they caught 3 roach on bread bailiff charged them £3 to fish a bit steep they are only six and seven they enjoyed it but its not realy encouraging the youngsters i know everybody has got to earn a living but they only stayed an hour

he's never going to get rich though, how many anglers can fish here in a day? 10? 12? 15? 20? He'd make more money running a shop but he's chosen this. Good luck to him. I actually think £3 a day is cheap, even for youngsters.

Archived