Zion nightclub - Attercliffe Road

Jennie80

Has anyone been to Zion yet? Opened on Friday on Attercliffe Road. I had a brilliant night, the music and the atmosphere were top class and the place is open until 6am at the weekends. :hihi:

A place called Zion on Attercliffe road.

Either someone is looking to annoy or they have no clue.

That or they have a serious sense of humour. :D

That or they have a serious sense of humour. :D[/quote

can kind of see what you mean. the devoutly religious might take issue with a 'den of inequity being called zion. a fundamentalist muslim might be enraged by anything with zion in the name. reasons are many. you know these i'm sure. there are clubs caleed heaven, paradise etc, even heard of one called valhala(sp) but all these didn't feel right to me. being a rasta zion was the natural choice. someone suggested that it'll work as a kind of self flaggellation(sp) everytime i remember i'm making a living off the 'vine' the name reminds to work harder at the ultimate dream for the place, which is, to make it a self funding unit i can make enough off on the weekend to do things like free dance, drumming etc lessons during the week.

not sure why it would be particularly annoying to call a place zion by virtue of being in attercliffe though.

Why? :confused:

Do you ever read a newspaper or a history book? :D

can kind of see what you mean. the devoutly religious might take issue with a 'den of inequity being called zion. a fundamentalist muslim might be enraged by anything with zion in the name. reasons are many. you know these i'm sure. there are clubs caleed heaven, paradise etc, even heard of one called valhala(sp) but all these didn't feel right to me. being a rasta zion was the natural choice. someone suggested that it'll work as a kind of self flaggellation(sp) everytime i remember i'm making a living off the 'vine' the name reminds to work harder at the ultimate dream for the place, which is, to make it a self funding unit i can make enough off on the weekend to do things like free dance, drumming etc lessons during the week.

not sure why it would be particularly annoying to call a place zion by virtue of being in attercliffe though.

I've only ever met a few rasta guys but they were so chilled you could call them 'fridge' and keep beer in them. I used to have to visit a boozer in Sheff for work. Can't remember what it was called but there was always serious reggae on the juke box. Nice place.

You explained the reason for the name but it may raise an eyebrow or two in Attercliffe. The place is full of Pakistani Muslims. Muslims from that region tend to be harsher on religious aspects that the guys over here in Indonesia.

Hope it works well for you. Good luck with it. :)

Do you ever read a newspaper or a history book? :D

Still don't understand...

I've got a degree in religious studies and yet fail to see why Zion would cause offence on Attercliffe Road - you are supposing that Muslims in the area would be offended? By a pub serving alcohol or by the idea of the word?

The ladies of the night seem to have found their niche on Attercliffe road - I'm sure Zion will too :hihi:

Anyway, it's a good place, I like it!

also these devout muslims you talk about are probably the ones going in there drinking....

i know loads of muslims that go around town getting drunk and having hassle yet they then make out they are devout muslims lol...

they are only muslim when it suits just like most people in religion....

also these devout muslims you talk about are probably the ones going in there drinking....

i know loads of muslims that go around town getting drunk and having hassle yet they then make out they are devout muslims lol...

they are only muslim when it suits just like most people in religion....

Getting drunk and visiting afore mentioned ladies of the night too :hihi:

exactly lol... i know hell of a lot that do this so i doubt very much zion will offend

and if it does tuff... theres a hell of a lot that the muslim comunity do that offend the british voke but they still do it so each to their own if it offend then ignore it if you cant do that then they are lacking serious control of their emotions etc

That or they have a serious sense of humour. :D

How about this...?

Zion Symbolises a longing by Wandering peoples for a safe homeland- It also stands for a Utopian place of unity peace & freedom for the Ras. A community conciousness, a revelation place for greatness

Archived