Young woman and her unborn baby murdered.

I was about to speculate that he is someone cast adrift by Mental health services and it seems that he was.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1191501/Pregnant-girl-knifed-death-ex-mental-patient.html

Due to the closure of so many mental health institutions and massive cost cutting this sort of thing will unfortunately continue.

I've explored a couple of closed asylums and you'd be amazed at the number of patients who still wander and / or live in the empty buildings and grounds because they've simply nowhere else to go and no support.

I was about to speculate that he is someone cast adrift by Mental health services and it seems that he was.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1191501/Pregnant-girl-knifed-death-ex-mental-patient.html

Due to the closure of so many mental health institutions and massive cost cutting this sort of thing will unfortunately continue.

Death sentence without a doubt. It could happen again when he's finally released.

Maxxy, you'd propose the death penalty for someone with mental health issues?

You do realise that 1 in 4 of us will suffer mental health difficulties at one time or another, don't you?

Whilst I totally agree that what happened to this young woman and her unborn child is dreadful, we have to look deeper at why the person that did this was not being supported adequately enough for this terrible thing to have happened.

You do realise that 1 in 4 of us will suffer mental health difficulties at one time or another, don't you?

Whilst I totally agree that what happened to this young woman and her unborn child is dreadful, we have to look deeper at why the person that did this was not being supported adequately enough for this terrible thing to have happened.

Not on this thread we dont.

Lets leave this one for messages of condolence.

My issue would be preventing it from happening again, which whilst the person is alive, we can't. I'm all for rehabilitation but this girl, for example, didn't even get a first chance, let alone a second.

For everything mental health.

http://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/showthread.php?p=5099768#post5099768

Can we leave this one alone for messages of condolence?

I can understand why you have started a thread about mental health services in general, however I think people will look for reasons (not excuses) for this young woman's death. If the man who has been charged was not receiving appropriate care, then he won't be held as responsible as someone of sound mind. Hopefully some responsibility will be attached to any services that have let him, and therefore society, down. It won't bring the murdered woman back, but it might prevent similar occurrences.

I can understand why you have started a thread about mental health services in general, however I think people will look for reasons (not excuses) for this young woman's death. If the man who has been charged was not receiving appropriate care, then he won't be held as responsible as someone of sound mind. Hopefully some responsibility will be attached to any services that have let him, and therefore society, down. It won't bring the murdered woman back, but it might prevent similar occurrences.

I see your point and thanks for explaining. I wasnt looking at it like that. My appologies for getting on my soap box.

:)

Archived