Young woman and her unborn baby murdered.

Now the guy has been charged I am confused. I always thought that after so long a baby inside the womb was called a live......so how come he has only been charged with 1 count of murder?

No, as I understad it, until the child is actually born, it's not considered independent of the mother, so it's called something like "Destruction of an Infant" or something archaic like that. (even if the child were "viable" {capable of independent life}, which at 7 months gone, the baby might well have been)

When Charles Manson and the "family" murdered Roman Polanski's then wife, actress Sharon Tate, she was eight-and-a-half months pregnant {two weeks away from giving birth} with their child, but I believe the charges in that case only related to Sharon's murder, and that of the other couple who were at the Polanski house that fateful night.

yet another example of why the death penalty should be brought back .

two lives taken away .

id love to hear of anyone who could disagree in the death penalty in cases like this .

an eye for an eye is the only way forward

An eye for an eye leaves everybody blind.

yet another example of why the death penalty should be brought back .

two lives taken away .

id love to hear of anyone who could disagree in the death penalty in cases like this .

an eye for an eye is the only way forward

I disagree with the death penalty, generally, but, in this case, from the sounds of it, the chap was in the middle of a Psychotic episode when he killed this young woman, and her unborn baby. So no, I disagree even more that the DP is an answer to what this chap did, as he was not in touch with reality.

No, it does not make it right what he did.

The taking of a life is wrong, certainly, but he has the grounds of "diminished responsibility" as a plea, and therefore need treatment and help, not the DP.

Ok then it would leave us with one less waste of space sick person with diminished responsibility.

I don't think this argument needs any further input from me. You have said it all.

Archived