Bars to avoid in Sheffield please

The Old House can be great, but it varies between somewhere quiet to have a drink and a chat and the other extreme of music so loud it's painful. Depends when you go. Their happy hour cocktails are good, if slow to prepare.

There are plenty of places that are good in the city centre:

Vodka Rev

Bar 23

360 Bar

Common Room

Forum

Old House

Bia Hoi

SOYO

Olive Bar

Rise

Cavendish is generally OK

Ruby Lounge and Cellar 35 are usually OK

Platillos

The bar next to Platillos, forgot what it's called

So there is a fair choice, I can't think of any city on earth where there aren't bars to avoid. The good thing is that most of the chavvy places are in a line on West St, leaving the Devonshire Green area and Leopold Square for the rest of us.

There are plenty of places that are good in the city centre:

Vodka Rev

Bar 23

360 Bar

Common Room

Forum

Old House

Bia Hoi

SOYO

Olive Bar

Rise

Cavendish is generally OK

Ruby Lounge and Cellar 35 are usually OK

Platillos

The bar next to Platillos, forgot what it's called

So there is a fair choice, I can't think of any city on earth where there aren't bars to avoid. The good thing is that most of the chavvy places are in a line on West St, leaving the Devonshire Green area and Leopold Square for the rest of us.

I agree with you although I have never been to Platillos or Soyo just yet. I'd like to add West Street Live, and Frog & Parrot to the list too!

not too keen on the owner's/manager's attitude branding people as chavs and trouble makers.

you'd probably call one of my best mates a chav but he's the soundest person you could meet. never causes trouble at all, appearances can often be deceptive and tarring people with 1 brush is disgraceful IMO.

And how would you know what the owners attitude towards chavs is, they havent posted on this thread....

And how would you know what the owners attitude towards chavs is, they havent posted on this thread....

I think he was wrongly presuming I was the owner, just like he wrongly presumed I judge people on their appearance rather than their behaviour and actions. No point in tackling that one again though; it's sorted as far as I'm concerned.

Archived