Bars to avoid in Sheffield please

Love it during the day.

However last time I went there on a night out with a big group, of probably 10 boys and 4/5 girls, none of the boys were let in - only the girls. The bouncers turned really nasty with the lads, threatening them and such - really put a downer on the evening and totally put me off going again.

I went there a week last friday night. I never noticed any bouncers.

Must admit I do hate going into any pub that thinks it needs bouncers.

The forum seemed to be spreading out onto the Green. There was no trouble, but it is expensive.

although I think bia hoi and rise @ the hallamshire are exceptions to this.... if I were going through town I would prob do on some route;

Hallamshire/Bia Hoi for evening food/drink

Bowery

Green Room

Forum

Old House

Dev Cat

Washington

then on to

Academy/DQ/Plug

depends what floats your boat though

Positive choices not avoids!

Based on my personal taste I'd more or less echo Matt- but I'd add in the Frog and Parrot, Common Room, Bungalows and Bears and Olive bar. I quite like some of the lower end of town pubs as well like the Red Lion and Roebuck Tavern if the weather is nice, they are good to sit out at. Leopold Square is ok but you could be in Birmingham at the canal front with prettier surroundings there as it's all chain bars. Clubwise I also think the Leadmill is good for a first visit to sheffield and the Showroom bar down there is ok too. 23 is quite nice for cocktails.

Best bar in town is The Old House on Division Street at the moment, particularly on Saturday nights usually. It does get busy but that's because it's good.

If you are coming for music and something good is on, Grapes, West Street Live and Dog and Partridge also a good night out.

I can't stand the West Street Run of bars but to some that might be heaven!

I can't make my mind up about Soyo. Potential but disappointing cocktails in there - and for same price as elsewhere They don't make a cairprinha(sp) properly whereas the old house ones are amazing! Plus the crowd is more West Street than Division Street. Think it's going to go the same way as Crystal disappointingly. Probably great for visitors to Sheffield though and a midway mark to see where you fit!

OP _Where are you coming from and what bars do you like there?

Under no circumstances go to

S1

CAVENDISH

VARSITY

PLAYERS BAR

WESTWAYS

REFLEX

STATIC

VIBE

EMBRACE

LEADMILL

PLUG

Go down Division street only. All the rest are full of scum/chavs/scumchavs.

That My Friend.. Is A Reyt Neyt Out..

Gotta Be Sum Old Codger, Stuck In Their Ways..

Prefers Working Mens Clubs Wi A Game O Bingo, And Open The Bleedin Box!

That My Friend.. Is A Reyt Neyt Out..

Gotta Be Sum Old Codger, Stuck In Their Ways..

Prefers Working Mens Clubs Wi A Game O Bingo, And Open The Bleedin Box!

you forget the majority of this forum are middle aged high horsers with nothing better to do than scorn over everyone elses good time, claiming theirs to be vastly superior.

you forget the majority of this forum are middle aged high horsers with nothing better to do than scorn over everyone elses good time, claiming theirs to be vastly superior.

Two very closely approximated streets separated by age and snobery by the frequented mob.

How sad really when you should be celebrating the diversity of venues offered to cater for different needs!

Surely it is a good thing?

Two very closely approximated streets separated by age and snobery by the frequented mob.

How sad really when you should be celebrating the diversity of venues offered to cater for different needs!

Surely it is a good thing?

agree to an extent. i don't think there is any snobbery though towards division street - i would suggest people who go out on west street are more concerned about having a good time and don't have such "high standards". anyone who dares suggest going to somewhere in west street is normally labelled a chav or a student on here. i don't think the same can be said for people who like division street/leopold square - apart from them having nose bleeds from being so high on their horse.

to the high horsers:

i have enjoyed nights in westways, players, s1, old house, bungalows and bears and the forum.

im a student. im not a chav but i know plenty.

throws some peoples pathetic sterotypes out of the window doesnt it?

hopefully you get annoyed by my presence in one of the "trendy, non-student, non-chav" bars on division street. i'll soon be giving leopold square a go and hopefully taking up the table you and your party were hoping to sit at and doing things you don't approve of.

Last time i went down west street i got thrown out by the bouncers (i dont mean they asked me to leave like someone with a trace of intelligence, they jumped on me from behind as i was leaving the door of my own will! compensating for negligible genetelia im sure) of a bar because i only poped in to use the toilet! Not my idea of a fun night out.

Archived