Bars to avoid in Sheffield please

I wouldn't say to avoid anywhere really. It depends what you like. Cavendish is my idea of hell but that doesn't mean it's a bad pub. You can see what sort of a bar it is before you go in usually and it's either your bag or it's not. Worst comes to worst, you don't like it, get your pint down you and move on.

Last time i went down west street i got thrown out by the bouncers (i dont mean they asked me to leave like someone with a trace of intelligence, they jumped on me from behind as i was leaving the door of my own will! compensating for negligible genetelia im sure) of a bar because i only poped in to use the toilet! Not my idea of a fun night out.

pmsl, what do you expect? i don't blame them!

I wouldn't say to avoid anywhere really. It depends what you like. Cavendish is my idea of hell but that doesn't mean it's a bad pub. You can see what sort of a bar it is before you go in usually and it's either your bag or it's not. Worst comes to worst, you don't like it, get your pint down you and move on.

Its not my fave bar but its ok......quite good if you in a group on a pub crawl, but I guess you could say that about many pubs on West Street.

I am going to stick up for West Street live though, since a bit of negativity noted earlier in this thread..... the ONLY place you can go in this part of town if you want to listen to 'proper' live music on a regular basis, and also without feeling out of place...As a male with long hair I am fed up with being called a hippie/goth (????)/mosher, etc... walking past Players bar the other night one of the so called bouncers on there called me a ******* EMO!!!!!

EMO??????

I am going to stick up for West Street live though, since a bit of negativity noted earlier in this thread..... the ONLY place you can go in this part of town if you want to listen to 'proper' live music on a regular basis, and also without feeling out of place...As a male with long hair I am fed up with being called a hippie/goth (????)/mosher, etc... walking past Players bar the other night one of the so called bouncers on there called me a ******* EMO!!!!!

EMO??????

Fankoo for your kind words. Indeed, we try and offer something different to all the other venues in the area, after all not everyone likes house music and cheesy pop. And we welcome everybody regardless of their particular hair style or dress sense. Our General Manager has long hair, a beard and near exclusively wears only three quarter length trousers, band t shirts and unsightly trainers, we have a French Rugby player on the bar who dresses in sportswear and then there's yours truly, who has to make a little bit more effort to compensate for me being ginger :-P So we definitely celebrate diversity in appearance :-P

You should have been proud to have been called an emo; it implies your down with the kids 8-D

You should have been proud to have been called an emo; it implies your down with the kids 8-D

yeah I never thought of it like that.....the 'bouncer' however clearly had no idea what he meant, because I was in no way dressed like an emo at the time.....and he used it in a derogatory sense too:loopy:

I love Embrace, Reflex, Players, Bedroom ect.. Im not a chav, just a girl that likes to dance and have a laugh with mates.. I've never come across any rowdy people in these places. Avoid Vibe!

You must be a chav love. Noone normal would choose those pubs if they were not a chav. You must be blind if you have not seen rowdy crowds in your choice of dumps.

like others have said, it depends on what your into...but personally i love places like devonshire cat, the washington, ha ha bar (dont laugh), all bar one, sylvesters and if not in town, sheaf view does a great pint.

Its not my fave bar but its ok......quite good if you in a group on a pub crawl, but I guess you could say that about many pubs on West Street.

EMO??????

Well, my opinion (for what its worth) is that is the ONLY bar on west st that I would dj in - then again, it is a live music/rock venue, so what else would you expect from me :headbang:

Well, my opinion (for what its worth) is that is the ONLY bar on west st that I would dj in - then again, it is a live music/rock venue, so what else would you expect from me :headbang:

I doing retro 70's and 80's discos again for the 1st time in about 12 years and what a change it makes!!.....I usually cringe at such things but most of us DJ's started our careers doing birthdays, weddings and back rooms of pubs playing cheesey party crap......going back to my roots:thumbsup: Right back where we started from:D stayin' alive:) The best disco i:cool:n town

(waiting for the cheesey jokes:partyhat:)

I doing retro 70's and 80's discos again for the 1st time in about 12 years and what a change it makes!!.....I usually cringe at such things but most of us DJ's started our careers doing birthdays, weddings and back rooms of pubs playing cheesey party crap......going back to my roots:thumbsup: Right back where we started from:D stayin' alive:) The best disco i:cool:n town

(waiting for the cheesey jokes:partyhat:)

I wont do any cheesy stayin' alive jokes...not so soon after your birthday anyway :hihi:

Archived