Sunday Carvary - The Best

egg90

Everytime I go past a pub on a Sunday that does a Sunday Carvary I am blown away by how many cars are rammed in the car park... I can only ask myself why - as the standard of food is quantity and certainly not quality. Have you ever wondered why they always allow you to go back for seconds and thirds etc???? Its becasue the food is frozen processed cr*p that doesnt digest properly or fill you up at all. Most carvarys charge around the £7 mark for one of these pathetic feasts. Let me introduce a restaurant just through Dronfield, situated in Unstone. Its in the grounds of Birchall Golf course and its called Sellors. The food is 100% freshly prepared on the day and only the finest meat and other ingrediants are used. And the price is still only £7. If you enjoy real food then you must try this place out.

Everytime I go past a pub on a Sunday that does a Sunday Carvary I am blown away by how many cars are rammed in the car park... I can only ask myself why - as the standard of food is quantity and certainly not quality. Have you ever wondered why they always allow you to go back for seconds and thirds etc???? Its becasue the food is frozen processed cr*p that doesnt digest properly or fill you up at all. Most carvarys charge around the £7 mark for one of these pathetic feasts. Let me introduce a restaurant just through Dronfield, situated in Unstone. Its in the grounds of Birchall Golf course and its called Sellors. The food is 100% freshly prepared on the day and only the finest meat and other ingrediants are used. And the price is still only £7. If you enjoy real food then you must try this place out.

You've never been to the Crosspool Tavern then - fresh meat, fresh potatoes, and fresh veg.

Infact, the main reason I go is to load my plate up with their delicious cauliflower cheese!

Yum!

Crosspool Tavern's carvery is fab!

The lunchtime offer is brilliant - it's only about £3.50 but avoid 12pm-1pm because the queues are huge.

If you fancy a late lunch, I can deffo recommend here!

Mmmm, Dry meat and as much soggy lifeless veg and your chubby little fingers can cram on a plate.

:confused:

Mmmm, Dry meat and as much soggy lifeless veg and your chubby little fingers can cram on a plate.

:confused:

Dry meat?!

I have watch that its not too rare as I hate rare meat!

Can't say I ever added the fresh veg with chubby fingers, but I can't speak for everyone!

Dry meat?!

I have watch that its not too rare as I hate rare meat!

Can't say I ever added the fresh veg with chubby fingers, but I can't speak for everyone!

Perhaps they were having an 'off day' when I was taken there, it was busy but the food was terrible. I was amazed at the amount of people who just piled food upon food onto their plates, it was as if there was a prize for the person why could create the best scale model of the EU food mountain!! Give me a normal plateful of cooked to order food any time.

:)

Archived