Sunday Carvary - The Best

egg90

I've still to find a better carvery than the one at The Sportsman, Redmires Road.

You normally have to book a table which is testament to how good the food is.

Only slight problem is that the place sometimes resembles God's Waiting Room.

You guys clearly dont know what 'real food' is then. The Crosspool Tavern is in a chain of pubs, along with The Bowshaw at Dronfield etc. I should know what is used because I worked there for 1 day. The veg is frozen, the cheese sauce is processed cheese etc and the rest is from an unamed food supplier. Yes I do now work at Sellors but the meat is from a local butchers and the veg is freshly prepared on a daily basis. I 100% guarentee you if you try here you will not be dissapointed

Everytime I go past a pub on a Sunday that does a Sunday Carvary I am blown away by how many cars are rammed in the car park... I can only ask myself why - as the standard of food is quantity and certainly not quality. Have you ever wondered why they always allow you to go back for seconds and thirds etc???? Its becasue the food is frozen processed cr*p that doesnt digest properly or fill you up at all. Most carvarys charge around the £7 mark for one of these pathetic feasts. Let me introduce a restaurant just through Dronfield, situated in Unstone. Its in the grounds of Birchall Golf course and its called Sellors. The food is 100% freshly prepared on the day and only the finest meat and other ingrediants are used. And the price is still only £7. If you enjoy real food then you must try this place out.

Been there, it was crap to be honest.

Archived